Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:48:38 PM(UTC)

Groups: Member

Hi all,
We have purchased a licence (Windows Forms Developer Licensed Version) for the Graphics Mill. Our application is a Windows Forms application implemented as a smart client. I have added the Graphics mill dll as a reference to a control library dll that is in turn included in my main application as a reference. The main application sits on a server and i have a client stub that sits on any client machine and download the app each time the client is run. Problem is that running the client from my machine to our server works fine (the Graphics Mill is installed on my machine) but if i try to run the client from a different machine to the same server it does not work. My understanding was that we could use the software with an unlimited number of end user applications but now i'm thinking maybe a smart client could be considered a server application. Can anyone tell me if i have bought the wrong licence and if i haven't, give me an idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:23:26 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

So as I understood your problem takes place because of you have not embedded license key into your application. Most likely, there are no problems on your developer machine becase of you install key via registery. You can use this way of licensing if your application hosts on only one machine (for example, on server). But if you distribute your application to end-users, you should embed your license key (developer license) into your assembly.

You can read more about removing limitations of trial version here. You should take into account that you can embed your license key into applications (exe) only. At this moment this limitation is removed, if you need to embed key into class library assembly (dll), please submit case and we provide you with updated version of the library.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:53:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!