Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nlm  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2006 4:57:19 AM(UTC)
nlm

Groups: Member

I have a CMS that I built using ASP to manage an online store. I can add images for the products one at a time.

I need to implement a way to add 50 or so images at once and insert a record to the database for each product (image). I would need to add the Product name, description, price, etc. I could create one form and derive the name and description from the image name. The price for each photo would be the same.

The database is MS SQL Server

Can this product be setup to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2006 12:10:26 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello Jeff,

Image Uploader can send the file name and description for every file. If these two elements of information are enough for you then Image Uploader can be used without any changes. If you need more complicated data transfer for each file feel free to write to sales@aurigma.com for us to make a custom script which allows users to set more than one description element for each file.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

nlm  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2006 12:28:34 PM(UTC)
nlm

Alex,

Thank you for your reply. What I would like to do is add more fields that would apply to all of the images. It would be something similar to the Author field. For example, I might upload 50 images and price them all at 10.00 and add them all to the same category. I would need to add about 10 options, but the same fields would apply for all of the images. I don't need seperate info for each.

With that said, would I use the AdditionalFormName Property that is documented in the support files?

If you can direct me at any documentation that would help, please do.

Thank you,

Jeff

Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2006 7:43:57 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

You can either attach additional form using AdditionalFormName property or explicitly add new fields using AddField method.

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2008 7:35:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!