Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vrvy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:45:40 AM(UTC)
Vrvy

Groups: Member

Hi

I'm working on an application that deforms a bitmap. The problem is that the images are quite large (400mm x 1400mm @ 300dpi; cmyk). Loading and deforming works all right, but the problem arises when i try to save the image (in TIFF). An error message pops out stating that the application is unable to commit memory.

I believe the problem is that the save procedure uses too much memory, so the overall memory requirements exceed 2Gb (which is supposed to be the upper limit that a process can address).

Is there any way to reduce memory requirements while saving? Or any other ideas on how to solve the problem?

tnx

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:06:16 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Your bitmap occupies about 350mb in memory, in this case saving procedure takes about 1050mb of memory. Unfortunately you can get "out of memory" exception in that case (e.g. because you store more additional objects in the memory). Could you describe your purpose and we will try to make a solution?

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

Vrvy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:34:01 PM(UTC)
Vrvy

Groups: Member

The purpose of the app is to deform an image using a custom nonlinear equation. The deformation is only on the horizontal axis.

Example:

UserPostedImage

Note that the output image is not the same size as an input. There is also the possibility to add crop marks around the image, so the output image dimensions increase additionally.

I thought of proccessing the image as a stream, but can't figure out if it's possible (I'm not all that into programming with .NET).

tnx

Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:16:24 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Unfortunately at this moment Graphics Mill for .NET has no possibility to handle images of such dimensions because of loading whole image into memory. If you really need this feature, please, contact us to e-mail sales@aurigma.com, and we will try to make up some custom solutions.

According to processing images as a stream - this feature is available in Graphics Mill for .NET. You can load and save images from stream. More specified information you can read in the article "Working with Streams".

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:11:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!