Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DiGa  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:58:55 PM(UTC)
DiGa

Groups: Member

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to have a watermark added to an existing image using the DrawArtisticText method. I would like the Text to go from the bottom-left to top-right. I use the following code (in ASP):

Code:
Const pi = 3.1415926535897931
objBitmap.Graphics.DrawText "copyright", objBitmap.Data.Width/2, objBitmap.Data.Height/2, 360 - CInt(ATN(objBitmap.Data.Height/objBitmap.Data.Width)*(180/pi))

This code works perfectly and adds the text exactly where i want it to go. Because DrawText can only draw in one color (no outline), I would like to use DrawArtisticText instead. However, as soon as I aplly an angle to the DrawArtisticText, the x and y coordinates seem to get messed up

Code:
.DrawArtisticText "copyright", objBitmap.Data.Width/2, objBitmap.Data.Height/2, true, true, 360 - CInt(ATN(objBitmap.Data.Height/objBitmap.Data.Width)*(180/pi))

Even when I make a very simple example:
Code:
.DrawText "copyright", 50, 50, 10
.DrawArtisticText "copyright", 50, 50, true, true, 10

The two lines of Text are aligned differently. Anybody knows how to solve this problem? In what way does the angle property of the DrawArtisticText method differ from the DrawText method?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Dieter

Edited by user Sunday, December 23, 2007 4:53:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2006 12:33:56 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Unfortunately in the current version of Graphics Mill does not support rotation of DrawArtisticText properly. It will be fixed in future releases.

The only workaround you can currently use is to draw the text on a separate bitmap, rotate this bitmap, and blend it with the original image.