Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:42:00 AM(UTC)
Mike

Groups: Member

I am currently having an issue getting the BitmapViewer to display correctly on a page in a project I am working on.

I have placed the bitmapviewer on a page by itself in a brand new project and it works fine, but when I try and use it in production, the result displayed to the end-user does not look correct.

#1 This image displays what the user sees when ZoomMode = None and PreviewImageEnabled = false. The scrollbars that should appear over the image are actually underneath it, and cannot be accessed. This makes scrolling the image impossible, and realizing that the entire image is not shown is unintuitive.

#2 This image is what user's see when ZoomMode = None and PreviewImageEnabled = true. No question that this doesn't look right. :)

#3 This image is what user's see when ZoomMode = BestFitShrinkOnly and PreviewImageEnabled = true. You can see that the image slightly overlaps the scrollbars, partially demonstrating the problem seen in #1.

#4 This text file is the entire HTML source output to the browser on the page this error is occurring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if I can get this working I definitely will be purchasing a license, so thanks in advance for your time!

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2005 12:04:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello Mike,

BitmapViewer web control works correctly only when standards-compliant HTML rendering mode is switched off. Unfortunately we have not got run BitmapViewer in standards-compliant mode, as in this case Internet Explorer doesn't process "overvlow:auto" CSS attribute correctly (at that time as other browsers work perfectly).

At first glance in the top of page you have DTD declaration for non standards-compliant mode:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML	4.0	Transitional//EN" >

But in fact Internet Explorer renders page in standards-compliant one, because you have added extra tabs between HTML, 4.0, and Transitional words. Just use following DTD declaration and it will work perfectly:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

Edited by user Monday, December 24, 2007 3:18:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Mike  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2005 11:51:00 PM(UTC)
Mike

Groups: Member

Works perfectly now, thanks!