Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iacobus  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 4:57:11 PM(UTC)
iacobus

Groups:

I am attempting to use the WinControls.BitmapViewer to view large images produced from sensor arrays. It is critical that every pixel is viewable when zoomed in so that the quality of the sensor from which the image is created can be evaluated.

The problem I am having is that when zooming in on an image, the last row and last column of pixels is clipped (not visible in the window). It's as if the last row and column of the image is hidded behind the scroll bars.

As an example, I created a bmp file with size 1024 X 1024. The entire bitmap is all black pixels, except for column 1023 and row 1023, whose pixels are white. When I view this image using the BitmapViewer in the the main demo, and I zoom in to 1600%, my white row and column is completely clipped. The amount of the last row and column of pixels that is visible varies depending on the zoom setting. If I change the zoom to 1599%, I see a sliver of white on the bottom and right borders.

Furthermore, this causes the pixel coordinates reported by the MouseMove event in the main demo app to be incorrect. When I move the mouse to the lower right most visible pixel, which is pixel (1022, 1022), it is reported as (1023, 1023).

Any help in correcting this would be appreciated. I am attaching the test bitmap I used in my example above.
iacobus attached the following image(s):
TestImage_1024.bmp
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:34:37 AM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello iacobus,

Thank you for your bugreport. I have to confirm that we have issue with nearest neighbor downscale resize. It incorrectly treats last column/row. It will be fixed in future releases.

Is it possible for you to use other InterpolationMode? If I change ZoomQuality to "Medium" in BitmapViewer - it shows white margins on the image.

As for MouseMove event - it works correctly. It is the first issue caused you to think that it also doesn't work.