Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsolutions  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 9:30:48 AM(UTC)
dsolutions

Groups: Member

I'm trying to upgrade some of our products from .NET 3.5 to .NET 4, but I'm having some grief with Aurigma's licensing system when doing so. The errors occur when "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\LC.exe" is called. Prior to the switch to .NET 4, my console output windows says that the location of LC.exe was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\LC.exe".

Anyway, the initial error I'm seeing across all our projects looks something like this:

Code:

CompileLicxFiles:
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\LC.exe /target:Client.dll /complist:Licenses.licx /i:P:\Components\Aurigma\DLLs\Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll
LC : error LC0000: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)'

I did some research on the "Operation is not supported" error and it appears to be related to us having the DLL on a network-mounted drive. Even though everything worked fine before the upgrade, and even though I have that drive set to full trust in the .NET SDK util, I decided to try going local just to see if it would fix the error. I cleaned my solution and changed the reference to be local, but now I'm seeing a different error:

Code:

CompileLicxFiles:
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\LC.exe /target:Client.dll /complist:Licenses.licx /outdir:obj\Debug\ /i:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Aurigma\Graphics Mill 5.5 for .NET\Binaries\Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll"
LC : error LC0000: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill' or one of its dependencies. Could not find or load a specific file. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131621)'

If I completely remove the Licenses.licx file, the project builds just fine and Aurigma works great. I'd like to keep my license in the resources file though as it seems that's the best place to store it to ensure that Graphics Mill never goes into the demo mode functionality.

Google turns up very little for these issues and I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out. Any ideas on how I can fix this issue or what these errors mean?

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:56:24 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups:

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Andrew,

Could you please recreate licenses.licx file in VS 2010 for your application? Then please let me know whether it works?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.