Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tamila  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:40:50 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

I just tried to reproduce your problem but everything worked well. I prepared test Setup.msi installer (see attachment). Try to install it on machine where you experience the problem. After installation run your application. If it works well it means that you use unappropriated merge modules in your project or some reference is incorrect. If the problem still appears, please open Windows Event Viewer, here you can find detailed information about this exception, please send me it.

I also attached my Merge Modules:

File Attachment(s):
MSM.zip (604kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
Setup.zip (1,900kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
Aurigma Support Team

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

Noufal123  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:55:31 PM(UTC)
Noufal123

Groups: Member

Hello, I have installed your test setup first ,and after mine, then its work well. But it is not working alone.. I have added dlls "Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll ,Aurigma.GraphicsMill.WinControls.dll , Aurigma.GraphicsMill.WinControls.VectorObjects.dll " and merge modules you have given..... When i am adding the dlls to the installshield ,it shows missing of .dll . Actually my project is an addin project with powerpoint , Addin express is using for this. You can please give the complete details to add dlls and merge modules with a sample project........please help me quick...

Windows Event Viewer errors follows:

----------------------------------------------------------

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\Project\My Project Name\Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by user Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:43:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tamila  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:20:58 AM(UTC)
Tamila

Groups:

Hi,

It seems I added incorrect modules in my previous post. Please try to use the following one.

After installation on you test machine check the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules folder, here you should find .msm modules which was added in your .msi installer. If you cannot find them, please read the following article how to add Merge Modules:

Adding InstallShield Prerequisites, Merge Modules, and Objects to Basic MSI, InstallScript MSI, and Web Projects

File Attachment(s):
MSM.zip (623kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Aurigma Support Team

Noufal123  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:54:09 PM(UTC)
Noufal123

Groups: Member

Hello,

I have changed the merge module,Now its working, But added .msm modules not found in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules folder.Is it make any problem?

Tamila  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:20:26 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Groups:

Hi,

It is not the problem, because your application put all necessary DLLs in Windows/WinSxS folder too. Now your application works properly on any machines.

Aurigma Support Team