Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mcousins  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:47:52 AM(UTC)
mcousins

Groups: Member

I'm implementing Image Uploader 6 w/ Amazon S3 storage and noticed something in the manual that worries me. It says that only one file can be uploaded to Amazon S3 in an upload session. What is the workaround for this? Can we simply call successive upload sessions until each file is uploaded? How would this be done?

This the workflow I want to accomplish:

- client selects files to upload, these will be full resolution images (5-20MP) and a large number of images will be uploaded at once

- Image Uploader resizes photos into a thumb (100x100 max) and large (600x600 max)

- Image Uploader uploads thumb, large and original to Amazon S3 (named filename.jpg, filename_thumb.jpg, filename_large.jpg)

- website adds a database entry for this photo

Is this even possible with the current implementation of the Amazon S3 connector?

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:12:56 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Amazon S3 receives one file per upload session, it is a limitation. So you cannot set up extender to send both source file and thumbnails in the same time. It is meant in the article. We plan to remove this limitation in the future and allow uploading of source file and thumbnails created for a particular file using different POST requests.

Nevertheless there is a trick allowing to work around this limitation. You can make Image Uploader to send source files first, then restore upload list, reconfigure it to send thumbnails, and send them. I attached small project in PHP illustrating how to perform this.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:13:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
as3_multipleupload.zip (2,050kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!