Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

64x

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris Herrington  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:08:38 AM(UTC)
Chris Herrington

Groups: Member

Dmitry,

I am having serveral problems making GM 5.0 work on a 64 bit web server. Does it matter than I am compiling the website using a 32 bit version of visual studio 2008?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:08:05 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Chris,

What exact problems do you have?

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

Chris Herrington  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:01:43 PM(UTC)
Chris Herrington

Dmitry,

I am working on a 32 bit development machine and trying to deploy to a 64 bit server. I have version 5 of GM. I have copied the msvcr71.dll to the system32 and the wow directory. I have installed the C++ runtime for VS 2005 on that server. I am still getting the reflections error. I am not sure what else to do, do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Herrington  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2009 9:50:42 PM(UTC)
Chris Herrington

Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsd' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsd' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsd' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsd' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]

System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0

System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +465

System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +181

System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +42

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +190

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsd' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +3642952

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +402

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +155

System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal() +36

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +235

System.Web.Compilation.WebDirectoryBatchCompiler..ctor(VirtualDirectory vdir) +214

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectoryInternal(VirtualDirectory vdir, Boolean ignoreErrors) +57

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) +259

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +406

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +125

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +203

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +52

System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +50

System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +419

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +274

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1434; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1434

Dmitry  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 1:37:40 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Hello Chris,

What version of Graphics Mill assemblies do you use on your 64 bit server? 32 or 64 bit? If you use 32 bit assemblies you need to switch your IIS to 32 bit mode. Please, read Running IIS 32-bit Applications on IIS 64-bit for additional details.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

Chris Herrington  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 8:25:43 PM(UTC)
Chris Herrington

Dmitry,

So I cannot run 32 bit on a 64 bit server without running IIS in 32 bit mode? Exchange requires that IIS be running in 64bit mode. So what you are telling me is that I need to get a 64bit development machine and compile my website using it then publish it to the 64x IIS server. I cannot downgrade my IIS server to 32 bit mode that is not an option for me at this time. So any other ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Dmitry  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 8:57:41 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Hello Chris,

In this case you need to upgrade your development computer to 64bit.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

tcrosbie  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2009 11:23:03 AM(UTC)
tcrosbie

Chris Herrington wrote:
So what you are telling me is that I need to get a 64bit development machine and compile my website using it then publish it to the 64x IIS server.

Having just been through something similar, (although with a winforms app), the answer is yes. You need to recompile the app in a 64 bit OS.

I created a new project and added all the source files as links to files I was using in my 32 bit enviroment, added in the references to the 64 bit Aurigma dlls, and compiled. Now if I make any changes in either 32 or 64 bit deve environment, I only need to recompile instead of keeping track of changes and replicating in both environments.