Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raiyaniketan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:04:39 PM(UTC)
raiyaniketan

Groups: Member

Hello Support Team,

I am supposed to use this control, but before that I want to make sure one thing.

At present I am simply downloading one zip file with simple Response.WriteFile('FILENAME'). This hangs up my site when the zip size is big (more than 250 MB or so). To avoid only this problem, I want to try this control.

My site should not have any effect of this heavy sized downloads if I use this control.

May I have some words on this from support team?

Thanks in advance.

Ketan Raiyani

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:10:06 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello Ketan,

Quote:
At present I am simply downloading one zip file with simple Response.WriteFile('FILENAME'). This hangs up my site when the zip size is big (more than 250 MB or so). To avoid only this problem, I want to try this control.

Before answering on your question let me clear what you want to achieve. Do you use ZIP file to allow users download multiple files/folders from server? If yes, then you can offer them alternative way to do it using File Downloader control. File Downloader can download multiple files from server to client with preserving folder structure. So it can be used as an alternative to dynamically packing all files to one ZIP archive.

However if you pack just one large file to ZIP archive to reduce its size, then it will not help, as first of all you should avoid using of Response.WriteFile('FILENAME') which cause server hanging.

So could you tell a bit more about what you want to achieve?

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov