Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Luis Delgado  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:02:17 PM(UTC)
Luis Delgado

Groups: Member

Hi,

I previously reported a problem when multiple concurrent processes try to access the license file at the "same " time. I noticed you fixed it in version 4.5 so I downloaded and installed the new version. But now there seem to be another problem.

When I have multiple concurrent processes trying to access the license file they all go to "sleep" for about 1 minute. When I monitor the processes in the Windows Task Manager they are all at 0% CPU. After around 40 seconds then they start working. I added logging to the processes to see where the problem was and it is when each process try to generate the first image. So, my guess is that there is some kind of locking when accessing the license file to avoid multiple processes reading the file at the same time, and this makes all the processes wait for the lock to be released. Am I correct?

So, is there any way I can tell GraphicMill to load the license file explicitly before starting to generate Bitmap objects, so I can control when the processes access the license file?
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:31:11 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Luis,

I cannot reproduce the issue with "freezing" threads and, frankly speaking, cannot explain the described behaviour. In our code we have no timeouts while accessing to the .lic file.

Anyway you can always make the Graphics Mill to read and check license. For example, by creating small Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap object and saving it to temporary System.IO.MemoryStream object. Frankly speaking, it looks like a type of workaround, but it is the only thing I can suggest you by now.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:31:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified