Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cpav  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2008 6:58:01 PM(UTC)
cpav

Groups: Member

Hi,

we send you attached a small project. It has a BitmapViewer control so we can see the images and also a VObjectRubberBand so we add some rectangles, Ellipse etc.
Project code, comes from code found in samples.
When you run it, goto File->Open File and select a file. After, press toolbar button to create a rectangle and create 1 rectangle. Then press button for Ellipse and create 1 ellipse. Then press button few new Line and create 1 line.
Here comes the 2 questions we have:

1)We really do not care about creating many layers and handling with them, giving them new names, deleting etc. as shown in MultiLayerImage Editor DEMO sample. The only thing we want is to bring one object InFront or Send it Back. You will notice that in our sample, always the 2nd object is above the first and the 3rd is above 2nd and so on.
What code we need to write on toolbar buttons BringToFront and SendToBack?

2)We want to make the line tool, look like an arrow. Please see previous post by firamax(it's me - before purchasing)
Subject:Creating arrow annotation?
Posted: 21 September 2007 10:03:24

Alex Kon says "Another way is to create custom VObject and draw arrow by yourself. This is more flexible and, of course, labour-intensive way. "

Any idea how to implement this in action so instead of creating simple line, to be able to create this arrow? We need to have arrow so we can point to an important part of image.

cpav
File Attachment(s):
aurigma big.zip (121kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 6, 2008 7:49:58 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Regarding to the first question: the simplest way is just to remove the selected VObject from the layer and add it to the first/last place. Here is code which you need to add into your application to get the "Bring to front/back" functionality:

Code:

Private Sub tbrBringToFront_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles tbrBringToFront.Click
	If VObjectsRubberband1.CurrentDesigner.VObjects.Length = 1 Then
		Dim vobj As Aurigma.GraphicsMill.WinControls.IVObject = _
			VObjectsRubberband1.CurrentDesigner.VObjects(0)
		VObjectsRubberband1.CurrentLayer.VObjects.Remove(vobj)
		VObjectsRubberband1.CurrentLayer.VObjects.Add(vobj)
	End If
End Sub

Private Sub tbrSendToBack_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles tbrSendToBack.Click
	If VObjectsRubberband1.CurrentDesigner.VObjects.Length = 1 Then
		Dim vobj As Aurigma.GraphicsMill.WinControls.IVObject = _
			VObjectsRubberband1.CurrentDesigner.VObjects(0)
		VObjectsRubberband1.CurrentLayer.VObjects.Remove(vobj)
		VObjectsRubberband1.CurrentLayer.VObjects.Insert(0, vobj)
	End If
End Sub

As for your second question - you should create your implementation of the IVObject interface. Among other methods it contains Draw(...) method where you can draw any type of arrow which you want.

If you purchased Graphics Mill for .NET you can download full version of the installer which includes source code of the WinControls and VectorObjects. And you may use implementation of the LineVObject class as start point for your arrow object.
cpav  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 6, 2008 8:31:49 PM(UTC)
cpav

Hi Alex, well its works fine, it is what we needed, to be the first on top or the last on bottom!
We have purchased GM .NET but we are not so familiar on how to do this unless we have DETAILED instructions plus we have to have code for dlls that fixed some bugs...so its like a big story. We will suggest this to support team so they can do it, if they want, for next revision or version, since it could be a completely different annotation tool. One tool is line and another could be arrow(line with arrow at the end).
Thanks one more!
Alex Kon  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 7:15:02 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, we will discuss implementation of the arrow tool in the future releases. Unfortunately I don't clearly understand what do you mean by saying "having code for dlls that fixed some bugs". Could you explain your request in more detail?

As for detailed instructions - we do our best to provide our customers with high quality support. But I hope that you understand - it is really impossible for us to write detailed instructions and code-samples for all cases.
cpav  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 9:00:00 PM(UTC)
cpav

"having code for dlls that fixed some bugs" i mean that is not good idea at all to implement the arrow tool on myself, because i always to change it because it will not appended as a feature by aurigma.

I know, you have good and ACCURATE support and of course it is impossible to make every detail changes for all cases for all customers!!! . Anyway i just hope will see this arrow(line tool with one arrow at end) embedded in next versions...
it is important for document management solutions
Alex Kon  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 10:21:21 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Hello,

Oh, now I understand you. We will surely discuss this feature with our team. Unfortunately I cannot promise you more at current moment.