Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChingYen  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:18:05 PM(UTC)
ChingYen

Groups: Member

I tried to deploy the file on a "CLEAN" machine in my Virtual PC.

Clean - Only with .NET framework 2.0 SP1, .NET framework 3.0SP1, .NET framework 3.5 and WinXP Pro SP2

But the application crash directly even i didn't add any single line of code to it beside adding Aurigma component to the form.

File Attachment(s):
TestAurigma.zip (2,017kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
ChingYen attached the following image(s):
71124a.jpg
7111cd.jpg
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:12:06 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

If it is really "CLEAN" Virtual PC - I think that you have no license keys registered.

So, most probably, you are getting TrialPeriodExpired exception somewhere in the form initialization (because Aurigma controls are added to the form). And as this Virtual PC system has no debuggers installed (no Visual Studio, no WinDbg tools), it just shows standard system error dialog.

Please, could you try to register Graphics Mill for .NET license keys on your VirtualPC? Or, another way is to embed license keys into your assembly (you can find detailed instructions in this article, "Embed Full License Keys into the Resources" section).

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:14:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ChingYen  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:24:37 AM(UTC)
ChingYen

Alex Kon wrote:
Hello,

If it is really "CLEAN" Virtual PC - I think that you have no license keys registered.

So, most probably, you are getting TrialPeriodExpired exception somewhere in the form initialization (because Aurigma controls are added to the form). And as this Virtual PC system has no debuggers installed (no Visual Studio, no WinDbg tools), it just shows standard system error dialog.

Please, could you try to register Graphics Mill for .NET license keys on your VirtualPC? Or, another way is to embed license keys into your assembly (you can find detailed instructions in this article, "Embed Full License Keys into the Resources" section).

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I don't think it's a key issue. As if it's a key issue, then, it should show the UI with BIG cross @ the multilayerViewer, and show some key exp message. I install the same program to ther other normal Pc without CS and Aurigma, it will prompt the the key error message and not just like the current one.

Beside that, "Embed Full License Keys into the Resources" I tried Nth times on this, and still no luck. Is there any other alternative?

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:59:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Kon  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:31:51 AM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi,

Yeap, you are right. It seems that the reason is msvcr71.dll. In my tests it fixed the issue - you should add this dll to the folder with other binaries.

You can find more information about the issue in this topic.

As for embedded license keys - you have done all right. I have tested binaries of your sample application on Virtual PC and my development workstation - it works fine in both enviroments.