Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NormanR  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:31:03 AM(UTC)
NormanR

Groups: Member

Hello,

I have some questions for vector-objects. I'm very glad about a short answer to my problems.

- Is there anywhere a example implementation for IVObjects?

- Is it possible that not active objects have a frame too?

- Is it possible that the multilayer-Control have a empty frame without content to show (the frame is filling with a object like text, image etc. later)? A reason is a one pixel big picture - but not very smart.

- Is it possible if I want to load a picture in a frame to fit in the picture or the picture is bigger than the frame? See attached picture what I mean, please.

Sorry for the many questions and my bad english.

best regards

Mario Meissner
NormanR attached the following image(s):
vobjects.jpg
NormanR  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:38:11 PM(UTC)
NormanR

Sorry, I have forgotten an importend fact. I mean:

- Is there anywhere a example implementation for _custom_ IVObjects?

Best wishes,
Mario
Dmitry  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:33:28 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Mario,

Is there anywhere a example implementation for IVObjects?

Unfortunately there is no public sample which illustrates how to implement custom vector object. Mostly it depends on specific of functionality provided by object. If you describe what behavior you are going to implement, we will do our best to assist you with development of custom vector object.

Is it possible that the multilayer-Control have a empty frame without content to show (the frame is filling with a object like text, image etc. later)? A reason is a one pixel big picture - but not very smart.

You can use RectangleVObject as placeholder in your template. When a user chooses image to load in template, you should replace placeholder with ImageVObject.

Is it possible if I want to load a picture in a frame to fit in the picture or the picture is bigger than the frame? See attached picture what I mean, please.

Initially vector objects have the same proportions as content, for example, when you create ImageVObject, it will have the same proportions as the original image loaded into it. You can prevent users from changing proportions of vector objects. If you need to create vector object as displayed on the picture 2, the simplest way will be to create transparent bitmap of ImageVObject size, place original image to this temporary image into the needed position and create ImageVObject based on this temporary bitmap.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
NormanR  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2008 12:54:11 AM(UTC)
NormanR

Hello Dmitry,

thank you for you answer.

Quote:

Unfortunately there is no public sample which illustrates how to implement custom vector object. Mostly it depends on specific of functionality provided by object. If you describe what behavior you are going to implement, we will do our best to assist you with development of custom vector object.

I'v seen that in MultilayerImageEditor-Demo-application you using SolidBackgroundVObject for a own implementation for a VObject.
In the nearest time I will take a look to understand this.

Quote:

You can use RectangleVObject as placeholder in your template. When a user chooses image to load in template, you should replace placeholder with ImageVObject.

I need a composition of RectangleVObject and TextVObject. The background can be transparent too. I know that is possible to add two frames to one but I dont't like this. In my view it will be easier only to have one VObject. I can be possible that more features will come later to this object.

Quote:

Initially vector objects have the same proportions as content, for example, when you create ImageVObject, it will have the same proportions as the original image loaded into it. You can prevent users from changing proportions of vector objects. If you need to create vector object as displayed on the picture 2, the simplest way will be to create transparent bitmap of ImageVObject size, place original image to this temporary image into the needed position and create ImageVObject based on this temporary bitmap.

That's a good idea. That I will do.

Best wishes,
Mario