Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
uwmoroghe  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 12:29:57 AM(UTC)
uwmoroghe

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Member
Joined: 2/1/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1

What's the difference between Dual and ActiveX versions?
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 3:03:45 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups:
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 998

Hello,

Dual is a couple: Image Uploader for ActiveX and Image Uploader for Java. Image Uploader for ActiveX is ActiveX control which can be used on IE only. Image Uploader for Java is Java applet which could be used on any browser with Java plug-in installed. There is a special script, iuembed.js which could be used to configure both versions of Image Uat a time and automatically decide which Image Uploader to run according to the browser.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Andrew  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 5:18:30 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member, Administration
Joined: 8/2/2003(UTC)
Posts: 868

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Just would like to add about it. You may wonder why to use ActiveX if Java can work in IE as well.
  1. ActiveX is faster and more convenient (at least for Windows users).
  2. It is more native to Windows (especially on Vista) than Java, so it is looking more familiar for common users who are not computer savvy.
  3. Internet Explorer maintains ActiveX controls much better than Java applets.
So in general people will get better experience with ActiveX version than with Java. So our recommendation is to use both ActiveX and Java (i.e. Dual) - ActiveX for those 75% of users who use IE/Windows, Java for the rest 25% as a fallback option.
tpowers  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:23:30 PM(UTC)
tpowers

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Member
Joined: 5/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 5

I am using java image uploader but it is giving me this error in mozilla,

"The server or proxy www.example.com not found"

please help...
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.