Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eggheaddesign  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:35:00 PM(UTC)
eggheaddesign

Groups: Member

Hi

I just downloaded Graphics Mill so I can evaluate it for a client project. The element of interest is the PSD functionality, so the first thing I did was load up the C# web solution.

I set the BusinessCardEditor.aspx page as the start page and everything was fine until I started typing in one of the text boxes.

I'm getting a javascript error that says that bitmapViewer1 is not an object.

So I did some digging in the aspx page and I can see that there is a variable declaration for bitmapViewer1 and an Application_Load function that uses the find to populate it, using some inline code to get the ClientID of the BitMapViewer1 control.

However, Application_Load never seems to get called, so I added it as an onload event to Body. No good, this did not work either.

So I checked the source of the demo page on your site and guess what? Really its quite different to the source produced by the evaluation copy I downloaded.

Can you email me or post to the forum the WORKING code for the aspx page?

All the Best

Tony

Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:03:53 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello Tony,

It is very strange, I have checked Graphics Mill 4.5 for .NET installation - Application_load() method is assigned to the "load" event of the Sys.Application (you can find this code in the end of the BusinessCardEditor.aspx), so it should be called.

Could you try to add something like "alert()" call into this handler to be sure that it causes the problem? And another "alert()" before handler assignment (Sys.Application.add_load(Application_load))?

Also, could you provide us with additional information:

1) Which version of web-samples do you use (VB or C#)?

2) The problem occurs on both IIS and Visual Studio ASP.NET development server?

As for Advanced PSD web-demo deployed on our site - it just wasn't updated because the PSD functionality was not changed in the last release.

eggheaddesign  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:20:30 PM(UTC)
eggheaddesign

Groups: Member

Hi Alex

I am using the C# version. I haven't checked it out with IIS, though to be honest, I can't see what difference it would make.

I will try the things out you suggest, but I will have to wait until I get home as I was running the eval on my lapopt at home and cannot redownload the installer now I'm sitting in my office.

All the Best

Tony

Alex Kon  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:58:27 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Tony,

OK, I will be looking forward for you answer.