Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
john.fields  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2007 1:32:59 AM(UTC)
john.fields

Groups: Member

All,

I am able to draw text on tiff but the problem I have is that it doesn't appear to have anti-aliasing even though that is turned on. Also it is required that the user be able to zoom in very close on the image and place his or text there. is it possible to only partially overwrite a pixel with the text? Or should I programmatically make the image finer? is there a way to do this?

my code...

Code:
                Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.SolidBrush mybrush = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.SolidBrush(System.Drawing.Color.White);
                Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.Font myAurigmafont = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.Font(myFont);
                myAurigmafont.Antialiased = true;
                Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.Pen myPen = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.Pen(RgbColor.White,1);

myBMP.GetGdiGraphics().DrawString(myString, myAurigmafont, mybrush, myRect, Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.TextTrimmingMode.EndEllipsis, false, false,true);

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:18:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2007 1:52:09 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello John,

Which pixel format has myBMP bitmap? GDI graphics doesn't support antialiased text output on indexed and 8bpp grayscale bitmaps. In such cases you will have to convert your images to 24bpp rgb format, draw text and convert it back. Also antialiasing is automatically turned off for small font sizes (because antialiasing causes readability degradation for small fonts).

As for your second question - I'm afraid that I don't understand you quite clearly. What do you mean by saying "partially overwrite a pixel with the text"? Could you describe desired result in more detail or send us some screenshots?