Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
esthera  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:33:31 PM(UTC)
esthera

Rank: Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 6/21/2007(UTC)
Posts: 2

i'm trying to test this product.
I'm using asp and using the multipledescriptions test

i'm getting an error
the server or proxy not found

what could be causing an error like this?

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:14:03 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 998

Hello,

Please, check if the Action property contains the valid URL to your upload processing script.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2008 5:32:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
esthera  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 6:13:29 PM(UTC)
esthera

Rank: Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 6/21/2007(UTC)
Posts: 2

ok so i change that to point to the persistsaspupload.asp
but not i get image uploaded encountered some problem please contact your webmaster

how can I debug this to see where the problem is?
Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2007 1:06:11 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 998

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay. You should set the ShowDebugWindow property value to true.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2008 5:30:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
VoxEcho  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 3:56:32 AM(UTC)
VoxEcho

Rank: Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 4/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 9

i get both of those errors; i have the showdebug as true, yet it still doesn't give me a debug window for those two errors. it does give me a debug window for other ASP related errors.

i am only running into these errors when i am attempting to upload files 500 megs or larger

please help
Andrew  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 8:32:01 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member, Administration
Joined: 8/2/2003(UTC)
Posts: 868

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Most likely you have a server-side limitation for a maximum POST request length. Here you can find some information how to configure it:

http://www.aurigma.com/d...u/SamplesbyPlatforms.htm

BTW, when you debug some problem which occurs both in ActiveX and Java, it is better to do it with Java. At my opinion it is easier to do because it often writes a lot of useful information to Java console.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:45:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

foozilla  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 4:59:38 AM(UTC)
foozilla

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Member
Joined: 1/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3

I am running rails and having a same problem.

"The server or proxy not found." I am testing out your product and not getting anywhere.

Can you help me out?
Alex Makhov  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 6:13:46 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 998

Hello,

If you are having problems with large files, one more possible reason is server timeout expiration. Also there should be enough disk space on the server to store your files. Try to upload your files to the server with both versions of Image Uploader. If it faild in both cases, then the reason of the problem is on the server side.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
foozilla  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 4:57:13 AM(UTC)
foozilla

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Member
Joined: 1/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3

Thanks for the reply.

It's a small image file. I guess I don't have right setting for uploader for my rails app. Do you have any idea why?

Is it because it can't find the folder called gallery? (whatever I named to the upload folder)

Or Is there some kind of configuration that I am missing?

Thanks much
Alex Makhov  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 12:02:46 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 998

Hello,

May be this could help you:
Ruby Samples
There you will find the information about correct configuration.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:26:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
foozilla  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 3:16:06 AM(UTC)
foozilla

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Member
Joined: 1/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3

I am getting the "The server or proxy not found" error again with rails 2.1.0 version.

I had to disable the "protect_from_forgery" from rails app.

I still get this error and on top of that i get this error .
"No route matches "/uploads/gallery/BasicDemo/upload.rb" with {:method=>:post}"

any ideas guys?

I wonder if someone has simple demo of updated ruby on rails app using your product.

thanks

Edited by user Friday, August 15, 2008 3:42:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 11:27:29 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,070

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

It seems you have not set up routing in Rails. The article Routing the Rails Way gives good outlook what routing is and how to set up it.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
VoxEcho  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:52:18 PM(UTC)
VoxEcho

Rank: Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 4/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 9

(back to this problem...)

No sir, there is no maximum post request length. can upload full 2 gig file on super fast connection [internal network], no problem. Problem happens at more realistic speeds like DSL, and Cable.

Timeout: Correct me if I am wrong, but the Timeout would only apply in the actual SAVE portion of the upload, yes? in my most recent upload attempt (using Mac/firefox image uploader 4.x) I am getting this error at differnt points in the upload itself (actual file size: 800megs, bombed out at; 35megs, 745kg, 22megs, 107 megs). Since the file has not as yet actually been touched by a server side script, how can timeout apply?

Oh - Before anyone mentions upgrading, Version 5 came out not long after we bought the product, since we haven't managed to get version 4 to work reliably, i am convinced that the product should do what it was advertised to do with the version we have and if it takes an upgrade to do what it is supposed to do in the first place, then that upgrade should be free.

Thank you.

Andrew wrote:
Most likely you have a server-side limitation for a maximum POST request length. Here you can find some information how to configure it:

http://www.aurigma.com/d...u/SamplesbyPlatforms.htm

BTW, when you debug some problem which occurs both in ActiveX and Java, it is better to do it with Java. At my opinion it is easier to do because it often writes a lot of useful information to Java console.

Edited by user Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:56:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:23:19 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,070

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
VoxEcho wrote:
No sir, there is no maximum post request length. can upload full 2 gig file on super fast connection [internal network], no problem. Problem happens at more realistic speeds like DSL, and Cable.


It gives the idea that the problem is related to server timeout. Look, if you upload all huge files mentioned above in one package via DSL connection, request execution timeout can exceed and you get timeout on the server-side. Please, do the two things: try to increase timeout for request on your server, and send files in different requests.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
VoxEcho  
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 10:42:30 PM(UTC)
VoxEcho

Rank: Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 4/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 9

Thank you for your reply -

My server Timeout for the saving page is (and has been for a year) 16 hours. I am pretty sure that that should be long enough. But if it is not long enough, how can that be the issue when sometimes (as stated before) the upload failes after only a couple 100 kbs and sometimes after 100 megs? there is no consistency there.

If it got to the same general point in the upload and failed each time, i would agree with you. but it does not.

As to uploading seperatly - i can't. it's all one file. we deal with real size super large graphics - e.g. the types used on Fleet Trucks. these things are bloody huge and can actually reach 2gig in one file. there is no choice to "send them seperately"

however, I do have FilesPerOnePackageCount = 1 which should in effect be the same isn't it?

Thank you
Scott


Dmitry wrote:
VoxEcho wrote:
No sir, there is no maximum post request length. can upload full 2 gig file on super fast connection [internal network], no problem. Problem happens at more realistic speeds like DSL, and Cable.


It gives the idea that the problem is related to server timeout. Look, if you upload all huge files mentioned above in one package via DSL connection, request execution timeout can exceed and you get timeout on the server-side. Please, do the two things: try to increase timeout for request on your server, and send files in different requests.
Dmitry  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 6:23:24 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,070

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Scott,

Thank you for your response.

The problem "server or proxy is not found" means that Image Uploader stops getting responses from a server. If your server is configured correctly (timeout and maxmium request length have appropriate values), this problem is definetely related to connection issues. It can be router issues (e.g. session timeout is exceeded on a router and it drops the connection), provider issues, or what else.

It would be greate if you install some traffic sniffer on both your workstation and server, and check what is happenning with HTTP connection during upload.

BTW, what server platform do you use (ASP.NET, PHP, etc.)?

Edited by user Sunday, November 23, 2008 6:24:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
VoxEcho  
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 10:27:53 PM(UTC)
VoxEcho

Rank: Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 4/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 9

Dmitry -

Yes, i've doen alot of looking into this in the last couple of days and found that what you say here is correct though, the error message is unique to Aurigma which made it very hard to troubleshoot. - you may want to consider putting more information in the error or adding it to your help file... actually an error section in general would be nice with your help documentation.

As it turns out, the uploader is losing connection with the server and then the backend script which does the saving of the file throws an error on the first attempt to read from the form. Now the problem is figuring out how to get the server to play nice with the connection.

the test machine is using an aircard - but we've had this same problem with DSL and Cable too. I am using IIS and ASP Classic (i've noticed that Microsoft specifically says that files over 100 megs really shouldn't be sent by way of HTTP - and makes a strong point of this for ASP.NET.

Can anyone suggest which failSave program is the best? i've tried ASPForm, ASPUpload, ABCUpload... and all of them fail in the same way. :\

Also, would it be worth setting up a PHP catcher page? if so, would apache be less inclined to fail?

Thanks

Dmitry wrote:
Hello Scott,

Thank you for your response.

The problem "server or proxy is not found" means that Image Uploader stops getting responses from a server. If your server is configured correctly (timeout and maxmium request length have appropriate values), this problem is definetely related to connection issues. It can be router issues (e.g. session timeout is exceeded on a router and it drops the connection), provider issues, or what else.

It would be greate if you install some traffic sniffer on both your workstation and server, and check what is happenning with HTTP connection during upload.

BTW, what server platform do you use (ASP.NET, PHP, etc.)?
Dmitry  
#18 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2008 2:54:11 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,070

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Good morning Scott,

I am not sure that PHP catcher will help you. First of all you need to figure out what causes this problem: server side or connection issues.

Traffic sniffer will help you to debug connection issues, you just log all TCP/IP packets and then check whether transmission completes successfully.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
IIS 7 + The server or proxy not found (Discussions – ActiveX/Java Uploader)
by Gerard 11/25/2009 5:18:02 PM(UTC)
AMazon S3 error the server or proxy not found (Discussions – ActiveX/Java Uploader)
by seeyousurf 10/6/2009 10:57:34 PM(UTC)
The server or proxy not found (Discussions – ActiveX/Java Uploader)
by jayesh.g 12/4/2008 12:38:15 AM(UTC)
3.5 - 4.5 Upgrade. ActiveX fails with 'The server or proxy not found' (Discussions – ActiveX/Java Uploader)
by Richardcanoe 6/14/2007 5:52:26 PM(UTC)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.