Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ericksontc  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2007 12:17:38 PM(UTC)
ericksontc

Groups: Member

I have built a script using Graphics Mill to read a XML file and based off the information, draw rectangles/lines/ellipses/triangles/text to an image, and output the result as a PDF. I currently have an entire system working correctly using RGB. Now my client has asked if we can output CMYK. I can convert the image as a last step to CMYK, but that is not enough. The XML file specifies fill and stroke colors in both RGB and CMYK, but the script uses the RGB colors. I need to use the CMYK colors.

I have searched the documentation, and have concluded Graphics Mill doesn't support the CMYK features that I need. Though the entire script is already written in Graphics Mill, I went looking at a lot of other companies imaging SDK offerings and I can't find any imaging SDK that fully supports CMYK. It seems to me that the only way to do this may be to run some GIMP Script-Fu through Java, which will severely increase the processing time and starts being really complicated.

Does anyone know how to draw shapes/text to a CMYK image in CMYK colors, preferably with Graphics Mill?

Thanks!
Brad Erickson
Owner/Developer
Erickson Technology Consulting
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:49:46 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Unfortunately, Graphics Mill for .NET doesn't support drawing on CMYK pixel format. All you can do is transform bitmap from RGB to CMYK as the last step. But you can use CMYK colors - you should convert it to RGB colors before drawing.

Also you can draw shapes one by one and apply it onto result CMYK bitmap. This approach is described in the article INFO: Drawing Text on CMYK Bitmaps.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!