Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KimJongHyouk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:05:59 PM(UTC)
KimJongHyouk

Groups: Member

I recently purchased a "Graphics Mill 10-Standard, Developer (Desktop) license, incl. 1-year maintenance" license.

Then, I followed 'Using the Licenses.licx File' on your guide document to distribute it to my customers. (I used Visual Studio 2019)
However, when I added the Licenses.licx file to the project and compiled it, the following error message occurred.

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(3167,5): error MSB6006: "lc.exe"이(가) 종료되었습니다(코드: -1).

To check the detailed message, I could run below on the command line and get the message below.

Code:
lc /target:xxxx.exe /complist:..\..\Src\xxxx\Licenses.licx /i:Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll / outdir :.

'..\..\Src\xxxx\Licenses.licx' complist를 처리하고 있습니다...
..\..\Src\xxxx\Licenses.licx (1) : 오류 LC0004 : 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap, Aurigma.GraphicsMill, Version=10.5.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f4bbbf243f314012' Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Licensing.LicenseException: This license type cannot be embedded into the assembly. For more information, see https://www.graphicsmill.com/desktop-license
   위치: System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.CreateWithContext(Type type, LicenseContext creationContext, Object[] args)
   위치: System.Tools.LicenseCompiler.Main(String[] args) 형식을 만드는 동안 예외가 발생했습니다.

According to your guide document below, it seems like a license type issue, is it not possible with the license I purchased?

Quote:
Resolving a Problem with the License Type Exception
When you compile your application and obtain the LicenseException: This license type cannot be embedded into the assembly, you should verify the license type of the registered key.

Important
To embed a license key into an assembly, you need a Developer, Desktop Applications license. Such a key must be in the registry at the compilation time.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:16:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 11:19:28 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hi,

Your license allows the building and distribution of a desktop application, but you need a special license key for it. Please submit a case and refer this post to get it:

https://www.graphicsmill.com/account/cases/add
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
thanks 1 user thanked Fedor for this useful post.
KimJongHyouk on 5/20/2020(UTC)
KimJongHyouk  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:06:46 AM(UTC)
KimJongHyouk

Thank you for your reply.

I just want to develop and build on my development PC and distribute it to my few customers.

Isn't it possible with the license I purchased?

What is the meaning of the 'special license' you mentioned?
Fedor  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 4:49:31 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Quote:
I just want to develop and build on my development PC and distribute it to my few customers.

Your license allows building and redistributing of a desktop application. You just need a special license key which is embedded to your executable file.

I moved forward and added the license key to your account. You can find it here:

https://www.graphicsmill.com/account/licenses
Graphics Mill (Standard + PSD, Developer, Desktop Applications, version >=10.0)

Here are the unlocking instructions:

https://www.graphicsmill.com/doc...on-license-keys.htm#licx

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
thanks 1 user thanked Fedor for this useful post.
KimJongHyouk on 5/21/2020(UTC)
KimJongHyouk  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:24:45 AM(UTC)
KimJongHyouk

I misunderstood your guide in my poor English. I solved it well, thank you very much.