Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nifty  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:43:12 PM(UTC)
Nifty

Groups: Member

Side note: The FallbackFonts, FileSystemSource and IFountSource questions have all been put to rest, thanks for pointing me in the right direction...you've been very helpful.

Question 1. Now that I've got my font concerns out of the way, I'd like to ask about a couple specific features that we'd like to do at our company. I like you coffee mug example, how you can skew the SmartObject image and have it wrap around the mug. Can i do this with text? Can I put someone's name on a coffee mug, wine bottle, shirt etc? I promise I'm not asking you first, I've been trying different things all day but it seems that the text (or string) is lost when it's converted into a SmartObject.

Question 2. Another feature we are trying to do is a sort of Masking or Clipping. I've attached a psd that uses clipping to make the font appear that it's made of grass (sounds dumb, but might make sense if you look at the Photoshop file). Is there a way to take this psd and change the text at run time using the StringCallback, TextCallback, etc... ?

Thanks again for your help.

clipping.zip (1,392kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

Andrey Semenov  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 3:29:01 AM(UTC)
Andrey Semenov

Groups:

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi,

1. You need to convert text to an image before placing it to smart object.

2. Unfortunately, this feature is not supported.

Regards,

Andrew

Aurigma Support Team

Edited by user Monday, December 4, 2017 7:25:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified