Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
southernangel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:15:40 PM(UTC)
southernangel

Groups: Member

I'm just wondering if I'm doing something incorrectly. I'm evaluating GraphicsMill at present in the hope of creating EPS files that can be loaded into Illustrator. Unfortunately the PlainText object in the final file is rendered to a set of paths rather than being saved as a complete text object that is editable in illustrator.

Is this by design or is there some setting I've overlooked? This would be a bit of a show stopper as the Text needs to be editable

Thanks
Angelo
Kate D.  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 1:55:48 AM(UTC)
Kate D.

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi southernangel,

This behavior is by design as Graphics Mill outlines all text.

We plan to improve our PDF/EPS functionality with the support of embedded and system fonts in the further versions of Graphics Mill.

Best regards,
Kate

Edited by moderator Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:47:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Kate D. for this useful post.
southernangel on 4/28/2017(UTC)
southernangel  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 9:33:19 PM(UTC)
southernangel

Thanks for that, although I'm not clear as to whether its the font I'm using that's at fault or it makes no difference. Basically what I'm trying to do is create an Illustrator editable graphic from an XAML vector design, with all intact and editable. I've been up so many garden paths I think finding the holy grail would be easier. I've tried .Net implementations of cairo graphics but they are shonky at best.
I'm at the stage of creating the file manually from the Adobe specs which I assume will be daunting/
Kate D.  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 10:54:38 PM(UTC)
Kate D.

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi southernangel,

Thanks for the explanation!

Unfortunately, all text which is generated by Graphics Mill is outlined using curves. That's why you can't edit it.

Best regards,
Kate

Edited by moderator Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:48:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified