Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Guinness  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007 6:19:01 AM(UTC)
Guinness

Groups: Member

Hello, let me first say thank you for fixing the "large photo selection" problem with the Java applet. However I think it brought about some issues/new bugs.

-I noticed right off, that window.location no longer directs the browser in Firefox
-Since it doesn't redirect anymore, I have to hit 'refresh' but when I do this the applet wont reload, I have to hit refresh twice before it comes back up
-I cant get post variables to upload.php from the image uploader, they seem to not work in Firefox. They do however work in IE.

I'm wondering if with the new Java update you made, it broke some things?
Guinness  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007 7:37:29 AM(UTC)
Guinness

Groups: Member

I have more closely narrowed it down to this:

Code:
iu.addEventListener("UploadFileCountChange", "ImageUploader_UploadFileCountChange");
iu.addEventListener("Progress", "ImageUploader_Progress");

I am using the Optimized upload on the latest version of PHP. Again, this only happens in Firefox ?_? Deleting the above allows me to get the redirect working again however, HTTP_POST variables will NOT work in Firefox but DO work in IE.

I think I have figured it out. My original script had:

Code:
iu.addParam("AdditionalFormName", "Form1");

at the very top of the script. Also had <form method=post action="."> and action="." does not like the latest FireFox. I moved it to the very bottom and now post values are working again.

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2008 2:15:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified