Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cjh  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2006 12:51:34 AM(UTC)
cjh

Groups: Member

Hello,

We are currently using the ActiveX uploader and would like to switch over to Dual. However, I am having an issue with the Java version of the uploader. Right now I am testing it in IE6 under Windows XP. Server is also XP Pro (the same machine).

The issue is that the Java uploader seems to open a new connection for every file it uploads, and doesn't close the connection right away. I watch the number of connections in Performance Monitor. Sometimes the connection seems to close eventually, but when uploading multiple files, the number of connections climbs until it hits 10 (the limit under XP). Then I get a "The server or proxy not found" error, and any other subsequent connections to the server fail, too.

I don't have the problem with the ActiveX control in Dual. It just opens one connection.

I have MaxConnectionCount set to 1.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Chris
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2006 12:10:34 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Groups: Member

Hello,

We use the Jakarta Commons HttpClient component to upload files and it seems that the behavior you described is its behavior by default. May be in future versions the behavior will be changed and then the number of connections opened by Image Uploader will be not so high. As for now there was no messages before about the connection limit while uploading files through Image Uploader for Java.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:58:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!