Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kddesai98  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:55:10 PM(UTC)
kddesai98

Rank: Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 7/20/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4

Hi All, Currently, I am evaluating imageUploader and I've few questions: - What are the additional features provided in 4.0 version over older version 3.5? - I've seen slowness in initialization of 4.0 uploader. Was it the case with older version too? - If the client side no JRE is installed, then, how the Java Applet version of imageUploader will behave? Would it prompt the user to install JRE? - Any security concerns with Activex version, I should be aware of? I appreciate any kind of advice. Thanks. KD
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:00:50 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator
Joined: 7/28/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,537

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Hello,
Quote:
- What are the additional features provided in 4.0 version over older version 3.5?
Please see What's New? section.
Quote:
- I've seen slowness in initialization of 4.0 uploader. Was it the case with older version too?
It takes some time until ActiveX control/Java applet is loaded to client. On next browser start/page load it is loaded immediately.
Quote:
- If the client side no JRE is installed, then, how the Java Applet version of imageUploader will behave? Would it prompt the user to install JRE?
Yes, JRE will be installed automatically.
Quote:
- Any security concerns with Activex version, I should be aware of?
Please see Security Approach in Image Uploader topic.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:45:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards, Fedor Skvortsov
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
exists reminder for new version from the imageuploader (Discussions – ActiveX/Java Uploader)
by Christian__1981 11/26/2008 5:46:36 PM(UTC)
New Version? (Discussions – Graphics Mill)
by IKO 6/3/2005 9:07:00 AM(UTC)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.