Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thiago_martins  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2006 7:59:11 PM(UTC)
thiago_martins

Groups: Member

Hy, I´m trialling the Aurigma GM 3.5 for .NET 1.1 and I guess I found a bug. Please, let me know if I am doing something wrong.

I have the same image (100 x 100 pixels, created in Corel Photopaint 7.0, at 150 dpi) saved in five different file formats: (BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG and TIF). Trying to get the horizontal resolution using the Main.exe Windows Demo provided along the Aurigma package, I get the folloing results:

PNG and BMP: 149,987

GIF: 72

JPG: 150

TIF: 23,25005.

I realized that the TIF resolution must be multiplied by 2,54 (1 inch = 2,54 cms) twice for me to get the 150. (?????)

Is there anything I´m doing wrong or this is a bug?

Thiago Martins
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2006 10:57:52 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi Thiango,

> PNG and BMP: 149,987

As far as I know they store resolution in other units than inches (in meters or something like this). That's why there is a rounding error.

> GIF: 72

GIF format does not store resolution at all. That's why standard fallback value is used.

> TIF: 23,25005.

Perhaps the original file stores resolution in centimeters rather than in inches and Graphics Mill did not process it properly. Developers will take a look into this problem.

thiago_martins  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2006 5:56:37 AM(UTC)
thiago_martins

Groups: Member

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the answer.

You told your developers would take a look at the TIF case. Is it already fixed? Do you have a expected date to issue a patch or a new version? I´m new to this forum (so I am to Aurigma) and don´t know how your support service works.

Back to the problem, I also found that saving back the image, the resolution tags are changed. I saw it with the following code:

Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap bitmap = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap(@"c:\a.tif");

bitmap.Save(@"c:\b.tif");

When I open the file c:\b.tif using Corel PhotoPaint, I see the resolution as 23 DPI instead of 150 as I see for c:\a.tif.

We are now in contact with Sean Hall to buy one license. And I really need this fixed. Is there anything you could do? Our deadline is close and this is an important requisite for our project.

Thanks in advance.

Thiago

Thiago.

Thiago Martins
Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:44:26 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Thiago,

The bug fix will be available with the upcoming release of the product. If you need the fixed version until the next release - please submit case.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:35:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!