Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sasi  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2004 8:24:00 AM(UTC)
sasi

Groups: Member

Hi

I have just purchased the Image Uploader component. One question I have is, would I be getting the 2.0 version or the 1.x one.

Another one.

I am trying to configure the progress bar using the function given in the sample.
function ImageUploader::OnProgress(Status, Progress, ValueMax, Value, StatusText)

But getting a problem,

Once I click on upload button, it says PREPARING and shows % preparing, but when the event changes to UPLOAD, the progress bar doesnt show up, the text div says just UPLOAD and stays that way. and just as the upload is finishing , the progress bar comes up in a flash and goes to 100% (where upon I redirect it to another page)

I tried this code (from the Aurigma help - sample progess bar code)

Code:
	case "UPLOAD":
			//Show uploading progress 
			oProgresBarText.innerText = Status + " " + Math.round(Value/ValueMax*100) + "%";
			//Set width of progress bar 
			oProgresBar.style.width = Math.round(Value/ValueMax*iProgresBarWidth) + "px";
			break;

Please let me know if anyone had the same problem with the progress bar? It might be some bad javascript on my side. But I have checked it a couple of times and really stuck here.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2007 7:04:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2004 12:35:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
> I have just purchased the Image Uploader component. One question I have is, would I be getting the 2.0 version or the 1.x one.

Currently you get Image Uploader 1.8, but as soon as we release 2.0, you will get free upgrade.

> Once I click on upload button, it says PREPARING and shows % preparing, but when the event changes to UPLOAD, the progress bar doesnt show up, the text div says just UPLOAD and stays that way. and just as the upload is finishing , the progress bar comes up in a flash and goes to 100% (where upon I redirect it to another page)

We will try to reproduce the problem. Are you working with version 1.8 or 2.0 beta?
sasi  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2004 3:22:00 AM(UTC)
sasi

thanks for the reply. I am working with version 1.8.

Like I was saying - the preparing part works fine but when case "UPLOAD":

it stays at 1% (however lenghty the upload might be) and once the upload is finished the progress bar shoots up to 100% and gets redirected.

I tried doing below i.e showing the status % in the windows status bar and it works fine (shows the gradual progress from 0 to 100) but the Progress bar and Progress Bar text doesnt get updated.

Code:
oProgresBarText.innerText = "Uploading... " + " " + Math.round(Value/ValueMax*100) + "%";
window.status = "Uploading... " + " " + Math.round(Value/ValueMax*100) + "%";
//Set width of progress bar 
oProgresBar.style.width = Math.round(Value/ValueMax*iProgresBarWidth) + "px";

thanks for your help

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2007 7:04:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sasi  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2004 10:52:00 PM(UTC)
sasi

I was using the trial version on my test machine and tried a couple of things and it simply didnt seem to work. But on the production when I just put the license code param (instead of the trial one) the Progress bar worked perfectly.

One more issue I have encountered is : the Object shows the content of the sub directories ( if they are any images in them ) just fine. But when I select Desktop ( the top of the tree, ) it doesnt seem to show any images which are present on the Desktop. Is this a know issue? Please let me know.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

Andrew  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2004 1:47:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
> I was using the trial version on my test machine and tried a couple of things and it simply didnt seem to work. But on the production when I just put the license code param (instead of the trial one) the Progress bar worked perfectly.

That is strange. Anyway, version 2.0 should not have such problem...

> One more issue I have encountered is : the Object shows the content of the sub directories ( if they are any images in them ) just fine. But when I select Desktop ( the top of the tree, ) it doesnt seem to show any images which are present on the Desktop. Is this a know issue? Please let me know.

Yes, it is known problem, but in version 2.0 it will work with Desktop node correctly.