Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Praveen@citdigital.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:10:53 AM(UTC)
Praveen@citdigital.com

Groups: Member

I am trying to implement image zooming with Graphics mill 4.5 for dot net.

My requirements are as follows

• I want to load an image in an image viewer (zoom area) and also show a thumbnail of the image in one corner of the image viewer

• A Watermark will be displayed at all times in the zoom area

• When the image is zoomed in/out a rectangle will be displayed in the image thumbnail and that portion of the image will be zoomed in the zoom area

Please point me to programming samples/ articles.

Problems am experiencing

1. I couldn’t embed one bitmap viewer control in another
2. When I use two bitmap viewers, and use rectangle rubber band control on the thumbnail, while zoom the site crashes because of memory problems.
What’s the maximum file size (uncompressed) I can open for zooming (web application) without having memory problems
3. Am not sure how to display watermark on the zoomed image at all times, as bitmap viewer allows only one bitmap to be loaded

If any of the above isn’t clear please get back to me.
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:50:19 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Regarding your first question - we created a small sample - I hope this is what you need.

News about watermark are not so good. I am afraid there is no acceptable way to display watermak all the time regardless of zoom and position. Yes, of course, it is possible to track current viewport position and draw watermark on the currently displayed part of the image. But this will be
1) very (!) slow;
2) there will be roundtrips to server;
3) with dynamic watermark it may be possible to get parts of the image
without watermarks and make up "clean" image.

As for memory problems - in 32bit version of Graphics Mill for .NET you will be able to handle images about 300-600 Mb (uncompressed), depending on the various conditions. In 64-bit version this restriction will be removed and maximum size will mainly depend on the hardware capabilities. Unfortunately we have no released 64-bit version (however it will be really soon).

If you wish, we can provide you with beta of Graphics Mill x64 for .NET (it rather stable) so you will be able to test whether it meets your requirements. If you are interested - feel free to contact us at sales@aurigma.com.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:07:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Praveen@citdigital.com  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 2:34:52 AM(UTC)
Praveen@citdigital.com

hi Alex,

Am trying to read the width and height of an image using graphics mill. but i graphics mill is unable to open the image and it results in unable to commit memory exception.

you have said the maximum size that can be opened is 300-600 Mb uncompressed but sometime i have propblems opening over 55 mb file size.

What is the minimum file size that i can load without problems.

you have also said this problem will be rectified in 64 bit version. when it vl be available?

Many thanks

Praveen
Alex Kon  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2008 10:22:50 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Minimum size of the file greatly depends on the fragmentation of the process address space. I got 300-600 Mb on my dev machine, but it wasn't server application, it was desktop one, which usually have much less time to fragment address space.

x64 edition of the Graphics Mill for .NET is available from version 5.0. I higly recommend you to try it in your app.