Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jchoi  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 9:48:03 AM(UTC)
jchoi

Groups: Member

When trying to run an application with Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll v5.0, I get the following error in my page:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

GraphicsMill 5.0 works fine on my development box (XP sp3), but the problems occur when I try to deploy to a server. The server is Windows Server 2003 R2 service pack 1. I have .Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed on the server.

I ran the GraphicsMill 5.0 installation on the server.

Based on blogs, I also tried copying over the files in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC80.CRT to the server's bin directory and windows/system32 directory. Still the problem persists. I also copied the files in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC80.OPENMP.

Even after all that, I get three errors in event viewer/System that look plain wrong:

1. Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

2. Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

3. Generate Activation Context failed for C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webtestaurigma\82182915\83b0a664\assembly\dl3\21dfae73\0004d979_20aac801\Aurigma.GraphicsMill.DLL. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

I don't know what I could do to get my server up and running. GraphicsMill 4.5 was running fine. I tried uninstalling GraphicsMill 4.5, and still the problem persists.

Here's the stack trace for further information:

[COMException (0x800736b1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)]

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill, Version=5.0.82.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af7154c50c505858' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)]

System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0

System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +211

System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +141

System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +25

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +32

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill, Version=5.0.82.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af7154c50c505858' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)]

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +596

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +3479049

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +46

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +177

System.Web.Compilation.WebDirectoryBatchCompiler..ctor(VirtualDirectory vdir) +267

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectoryInternal(VirtualDirectory vdir, Boolean ignoreErrors) +36

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectory(VirtualDirectory vdir, VirtualPath virtualDir, Boolean ignoreErrors) +429

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) +73

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +580

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +93

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +111

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +54

System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +31

System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +40

System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +139

System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +120

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

dsolutions  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:27:38 AM(UTC)
dsolutions

I'm actually having the exact same problem and just came to the forums to look for an answer. The solution we're using Aurigma Graphics Mill 5.0 in runs fine locally, but on the server, it gives the same error. My strong suspicion is that our problem has something to do with the x86 vs x64 version. Does your server have a 64 bit CPU? Mine does, and my development platform is still x86, just like yours probably is.

I tried working around this issue by compiling against the x64 version of the Graphics Mill 5.0 libraries, but in that case, Visual Studio refuses to build my solution. The error I get in that case is as follows:

Description: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Aurigma\Graphics Mill 5.0 for .NET\Binaries\x64\Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

File: LC

(The x64 directory referenced in the path doesn't normally come with Graphics Mill 5.0 -- I created it and copied the x64 binaries into the folder manually from the production server that I had installed the x64 version onto.)

Is there any way that I can easily work around this issue so that I can develop on a x86 platform and then deploy from that x86 platform onto a x64 platform? I don't mind having to remove / re-add the references if necessary and / or change the target CPU, but it doesn't seem like doing either of those things fixes the problem regardless.

jchoi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:38:41 AM(UTC)
jchoi

No. Our server is 32-bit, at least I'm quite sure it is. It's Windows 2003 R2 sp1 with an AMD Opteron 285. Sounds very 32-bit to me.
jchoi  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:05:02 AM(UTC)
jchoi

Found the fix (for my situation, anyway). There is an updated version of Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable package that needs to be run. I, somehow, found my way to an old version. Why doesn't Microsoft post a notification on their download pages that there's a new version available.

Here's the download that I needed:

http://www.microsoft.com...85647&displaylang=en

dsolutions  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 12:55:15 AM(UTC)
dsolutions

Thanks for the link. Installing those new runtimes worked for me as well.

Aurigma: I'm still having issues trying to compile the x64 binaries into my project -- which is destined for an x64 machine -- on my x86 dev box. Are there any workarounds?

Alex Kon  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:16:13 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Guys, sorry for delay, however it seems that you have found the solution with VC++ SP1 Redistributable Pack by yourselfs.

About building x64 solution on x86 development machine - I met the same errors when tried to use Visual Studio without x64 compiler features installed. Please, try to check your VS setup, because these features are not selected by default.

If it all OK with compiler, please submit case with small project (sources + proj file) - I will do my best to assist you with the issue.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:48:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alan8  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:08:21 AM(UTC)
Alan8

Thanks jchoi! I was getting the same error, and had no idea what was causing it.

ChingYen  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 1:24:35 AM(UTC)
ChingYen

Hi all,

I am having the same problem over here. I am using VS2010... It's pretty easy to reproduce the issue...

Machine- Win 7 64bit with VS2010 installed.

Create a VB.NET Winform project, Add reference to Aurigma 64bit, Add License.licx file, Compile..

Then we will get error as below

Error 1 'Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill, Version=5.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af7154c50c505858' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.' c:\users\ching-yen beh\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\TestLicense\TestLicense\LC TestLicense

Please help !! It's really urgent. We suppose to finalized and published the project by tomorrow, but seems like we will be getting delayed due to this.

Dmitry  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 1:08:40 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Here is the solution for this problem: INFO: Workaround for a license compiler exception on 64-bit systems.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

Alan8  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:08:24 PM(UTC)
Alan8

Hello, this problem is back!

We moved application to new platform (also Windows XP, 32-bit), and we're getting same error again.

Running vcredist_x86.exe doesn't work; problem remains.

GraphicsMill version is: 5.5.6.0. "Runtime Version" is: v2.0.50727. Visual Studio version is: 2010, 10.0.402191 SP1Rel, .NET Framework version is: 4.0.30319, vcredist_x86 version is: v2.0.50727.

Can you suggest anything I can try to fix this?

Thanks!

Alan

Andrew  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:21:11 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Alan,

What is the target platform and .NET version is specified in your project settings?

Alan8  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 6:07:21 AM(UTC)
Alan8

"What is the target platform and .NET version is specified in your project settings?"

Target Framework: .NET Framework 4, Platform target: x86.

Andrew  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 8:49:45 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Where did you get the vcredist? Try to take the redist from the same Graphics Mill package where you get DLLs. They should be 100% compatible.

If you still have the problem, please submit a support ticket:

http://www.graphicsmill.com/account/cases/add

Attach there full error message (including the stack trace) and, if possible, your project. We will take a look into it.

thanks 1 user thanked Andrew for this useful post.
Alan8 on 8/27/2013(UTC)