Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PowerWare  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:40:18 PM(UTC)
PowerWare

Groups: Member

I would like to emulate the Auto Color functionality found in Photoshop (or something simiar) Is there an easy way to automatically (or through a formula of some sort) adjust the color of an image so that it is more "correct"?

I don't want to drastically change the image, but every once in a while I am dealing with a photo that is just way off and the colors need to be brought back into a more realistic range.

Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:46:44 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Unfortunately we have no Auto Color method in current version of Graphics Mill for .NET. The only thing which I can suggest you is Auto Levels.

However all these processing routines (auto levels, auto contrast and auto color) are based on the per-channel LUT transformations. So, if you know how your image data should be modified you may use Graphics Mill to code these algorithms.

PowerWare  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 6:06:07 AM(UTC)
PowerWare

Hello Alex,

I am already using Auto Levels and there are just some images where Auto Levels just doesn't do enough to correct the color of the photo. I take a lot of photos of my son racing motocross and some times, there is a lot of blue sky behind the scene and it's more than my $150 digital camera can figure out, so the colors always end up very cool and I need to warm them up a bit.

I'm certain that Graphics Mill for .NET could be used to correct the image. I just have no idea how to analyze the photo and determine which color levels need to be adjusted. I want it to be more automatic than manual of course.

I had thought of examining the image in some way to determine if blues, reds, or greens were way out of line and then making the adjustments automatically to bring things back into line, but I'm not photographer and I'm no color expert either. So I have no clue where to start.

I found a LOT of good articles on the web about the "right" way to adjust colors on an image. Most of them were fairly involved and would probably provide enough information for me to write whatever code was necessary to perform the correction. However, some of the topics they cover deal with analyzing aspects of the image that I can't seem to figure out how to do programmatically with Graphics Mill.

Has anyone else done any work similar to this, using Graphics Mill to automatically adjust color levels?

edodad  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 6:39:32 AM(UTC)
edodad

Hi Power,

why do not use Photoshop COM objects?

Just a suggestion...

PowerWare  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:32:54 AM(UTC)
PowerWare

Hello Dad,

Eh?

Well... Mainly because this is a web application and Photoshop isn't installed on the server. That is the whole reason why we chose to go with the Aurigma products. If Photoshop was installed on the server side, we wouldn't have much need for Graphics Mill....