Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ron2K  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:49:23 PM(UTC)
Ron2K

Groups: Member

Hi,

I'm having some issues with using the DLLs for the Graphics Mill (and also the Photo Editor) in an ASP .NET 2.0 project. I'm getting the good old "ASP .NET is not authorised to access this resource" error - the usual steps of giving the ASP .NET user and the IIS user permissions for the physical directory didn't help; neither did giving Everyone permissions help.

It seems like IIS is having issues loading the DLL files - if you move them out, the project still breaks, but this is because it can't find them. Only when the DLL files are present in the "bin" subdirectory does the "not authorised" error message pop up.

Is there any specific setup steps that I have to follow to get your DLLs to work with IIS and an ASP .NET project, or is this totally unrelated? I did search the online documentation for clues, but couldn't find anything.
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:53:22 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Do you experience the "ASP .NET is not authorised to access this resource" error with application which uses only Graphics Mill for .NET core library? I mean, without any Graphics Mill Web/AJAX controls?

Could you create a small test with just something like:
Code:
Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap bmp = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap("c:/temp/1.jpg");

in OnPageLoad handler?

This will make it clear whether there is some controls issue (maybe private/public cache folders permissions issue) or something else.
Ron2K  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 4:47:30 PM(UTC)
Ron2K

Hi,

I created the test page, which worked fine.

Something that I noticed - some configuration information for the modules is in the web.config file. If I comment that stuff out, I no longer get the access denied error. I get a NullReference exception as the stuff can no longer be found, but that's what I was expecting. Oh, the joys of inheriting someone else's project...

Thanks for the help so far, hopefully we can still fix this.
Alex Kon  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 5:02:14 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

In this article you can find description of the necessary permissions for AJAX Controls cache folders.

Just in case, maybe it is Graphis Mill issue - so it will be better to check this aspect too ;).

Edited by user Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:13:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ron2K  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:10:14 PM(UTC)
Ron2K

Thanks. Unfortunately, it didn't work - I updated the permissions for Server 2003 as per the instructions in that article, but it didn't make a difference.

While I was busy with that, I managed to determine that the access denied error only occurs if only some configuration directives are commented out. There are two sections of configuration: one for Aurigma.GraphicsMill.WebControls and the other for Aurigma.PhotoEditor. The access denied error disappears when the Aurigma.PhotoEditor configuration settings are commented out; the NullReference exception (due to the configuration settings being missing) appears instead. It looks like the problem may therefore in fact be with the PhotoEditor and not the GraphicsMill, but I'm not sure.
Sergey Peshekhonov  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 4:27:00 PM(UTC)
Sergey Peshekhonov

Hello, Ron2k.

First of all, PhotoEditor 2.0 uses AjaxControls, not WebControls. So, config section must be named Aurigma.GraphicsMill.AjaxControls.

As I understand we have no problems with Graphics Mill. Our problems lie in AjaxControls or PhotoEditor.

To determine whether AjaxControls has problem please create new aspx page and add BitmapViewer control using ToolBox window (you can add BitmapViewer control to the toolbox window from Aurigma.GraphicsMill.AjaxControls.dll which is placed in bin folder of your web site). Then add the following line into Page_load method of the page:

Code:
BitmapViewer1.Bitmap.Load(MapPath("photo.jpg"));

If it will work correctly, please try to use guidelines descripted in the Integrating PhotoEditor with an existing Web Application article.

And at the end you may try to install Photo Editor 2.0 on your 2003 Server and then install PhotoEditorSample and check whether it works.

I hope this will help us to locate the reason of the error. Please inform us about the results of the tests. Or, another way - you may submit case with code sample which reproduces the problem and we will do our best to solve this issue.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:47:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Sergey Peshekhonov.

Aurigma Technical Support Team.