Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jdelagarza  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2006 7:49:18 AM(UTC)
Jdelagarza

Groups: Member

I get this error ALL the time.. in the past I've just deleted the line in the designer file that tried to set this property, as I don't need my BitmapViewer control to be pre-populated in order to work.. but now all of a sudden its preventing the designer from loading with the following IDE error (in Visual Studio 2005, VB.NET)

Code:
One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some
errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes. 

Object of type 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap' cannot be converted to type 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap'. 

at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement) 

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:08:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jdelagarza  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2006 8:08:09 AM(UTC)
Jdelagarza

Groups: Member

Here is the line in the designer that causes the fault:

Code:
Me.ImageViewer1.ResultImage = CType(resources.GetObject("ImageViewer1.ResultImage"), Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap)

I didn't add that, the designer did automatically.

Also, I checked the resource item for that entry "ImageViewer1.ResultImage" and decoded it (what was in the resource file) and then converted it to a string and replaced the nulls with .'s:

Code:
....????..........YAurigma.GraphicsMill, Version=3.5.135.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f4bbbf243f314012...Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap...Data...	......H...	AU_BMPSER.,.........................R@......R@.............

Version 3.5.135.0 is what I have referenced in the project.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:09:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2006 12:45:14 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

If you want to create controls which is not pre-populated, you should not use IDE designer. You should create and initialize such objects by-hand dynamically.

Code:
Me.ImageViewer1.ResultImage = CType(resources.GetObject("ImageViewer1.ResultImage"), Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap)

I don't understand which control you use. We don't have a control with property ResultImage.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:10:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!