Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
camb  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 5:17:08 PM(UTC)
camb

Groups: Member

Hi,

I've built a custom PSD viewer based on Graphics Mill and AdvancedPSDViewer 4.5 to a Type Library (.tlb) then linked to that .tlb from a calling application. Note that the calling application is unmanagaed code.

A Licences.licx file containing the following text has been added to the project as a resource:

Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap,Aurigma.GraphicsMill,Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsdReader,Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsd

The application works fine on my machine, but whenever one of my colleagues try to run it on their machine they get an unspecified runtime error as soon as the PSD viewer code is called.

We've tried all obvious combinations of the Aurigma DLLs in the calling application's directory... elsewhere on the path... registering them... etc.

Can you suggest what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Cameron

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 4:17:58 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

As I understood, you made class library assembly which wraps Graphics Mill and Advanced PSD add-on. You try to embed license key into this assembly.

It seems that the problem is in that the license key is not embedded into assembly correctly. Your application works fine on your workstation because you have license key registered in the registry, but your colleague, probably, does not have it in the registry.

I suppose that you created wrong licenses.licx file. Classes should be placed on different lines in the file:

Code:

Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap,Aurigma.GraphicsMill
Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsdReader,Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsd

You can read more specific information in the Applying Full License Keys article.

Please, try it out and let me know whether it will help.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:12:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

camb  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 9:20:03 PM(UTC)
camb

Groups: Member

Hi,

That did not help unfortunately.

The project has a "Licences.licx" file inserted as specificied, as well as "Aurigma.GraphicsMill.lic" and "Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsd.lic" files containing the respective serial numbers as generated by your License Key Registration Wizard.

The resulting AdvancedPSDViewer.exe works on my development machine but when run on another machine I get the the generic error:

"AdvancedPSDViewer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

The development machine has XP Pro SP2 with .NET 1.1 installed.

The test machine has XP Pro SP2 with .NET 2.0 installed.

I have not been able to get the .exe to run on any of my colleague's machines either.

According to your "Applying License Keys" article the Aurigma dlls do not have to be registered on the target machine if the license keys are embedded. Can you confirm this? If not, what is the recommended method for registering these files (regsvr32 will not work nor will regasm work for the .NET 1.1 dlls on the .NET 2.0 machine).

Any further advice?

Thanks,

Cameron

Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:33:44 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Yes, you are right, in case if you embed license keys into assemblies using licenses.licx file, there is no need to register license keys on customers' workstations: neither using *.lic files nor registering them to the Windows registry.

Your problem is quite strange, even if license keys were not embedded into assemblies correctly, unexpected exception should not be thrown. Could submit case with compiled assembly which you tried to launch on your colleagues' computers along with source codes and licx\lic files?

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:20:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!