Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NeilN  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:37:18 AM(UTC)
NeilN

Groups: Member

Has any one done a thorough comparison between Graphics Mill and LeadTool's raster and vector imaging SDK's?

After a brief review, it appears to me that GM is better, but a coworker is pushing LeadTools pretty hard, hes even got one of thier sales people to come down on the price (his LT Raster+Vecor SDK is still a lot higher $$ than my proposed GM + PSD add on)

Can anyone provide a good breakdown? So far my biggest Pro for GM is the windows forms controls, as the LT librabry can pretty much match the GM lib function for function for what we are doing (with the unknown exception of being able to split up the various types of PSD layers as the GM PSD add on can, I'm not sure LT can match the complexity there)

Any links to such comparisons would be greatly appeciated.
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 12:51:46 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
It is up to you what to choose: either Graphics Mill or Raster Imaging. It goes without saying that you make your decisions based on several factors: cost, licensing policies, how imaging library suites your requirements, speed and convenience of development and so on.

If you tell us what type of application you develop and what imaging functionality you need in more detail, we will do our best to suggest the best way to solve your task using our product. If you do not want to write it here on public forum – you can submit case.

PS. One more thing – there are no many products able to extract layers from PSD, Aurigma offers that solution.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:25:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!