Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Taylor Nicholls  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 3:10:47 AM(UTC)
Taylor Nicholls

Groups: Member

Hello All,

I have a quick question about the proper syntax to assign a know colour (i.e. white or 255,255,255) to be transparent when I save the processed tile. I have provided a code snippet as an example. It may be a problem that I "Transparentize" a channel then continue onto convert that same image to an indexed format.

Thanks in advance, Taylor

Code:

Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap oOutputMap = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap(256, 256, Aurigma.GraphicsMill.PixelFormat.Format24bppRgb);
                            Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.GdiGraphics oOutputMapGraphic = oOutputMap.GetGdiGraphics();

oOutputMapGraphic.DrawImage(bitmap, new RectangleF(0, 0, 256, 256), new RectangleF(0, 0, 256, 256), Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.CombineMode.Copy, 1, Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.InterpolationMode.Bilinear);

oOutputMap.Channels.Transparentize(Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Color.FromRgb(255, 255, 255), 0);

oOutputMap.ColorManagement.PaletteEntryCount = 8;
                            oOutputMap.ColorManagement.ConvertToIndexed(8, Aurigma.GraphicsMill.ColorPaletteType.Adaptive, null);

oOutputMap.Save("1.png");

oOutputMap.Dispose();
                            oOutputMapGraphic.Dispose();

Edited by user Monday, December 17, 2007 9:15:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Taylor Nicholls  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 3:23:29 AM(UTC)
Taylor Nicholls

Groups: Member

Thanks to all,

This seems to enable the "Transparentize" function to operate as expected, it was placed directly ahead of that call:

Code:

if (!oOutputMap.HasAlpha)
                            {
                                oOutputMap.Channels.AddAlpha(1);
                                oOutputMap.ColorManagement.BuildAdaptivePaletteWithAlpha = true;
                                oOutputMap.ColorManagement.PaletteAlphaThresholdUsed = true;
                                oOutputMap.ColorManagement.PaletteAlphaThreshold = 255;
                            }

Have a great day. Taylor

Edited by user Monday, December 17, 2007 9:15:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 2:24:10 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Thanks for your post.

We have made a modification in the last versions of Graphics Mill for .NET: now if you try to create Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.GdiGraphics on ARGB32 bitmap exception is thrown. It was made because GDI does not work with alpha channels correctly. So I have modified your code and now it should work with the last versions of Graphics Mill for .NET.

Code:

using(Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap bitmap = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap("c:/pattern.png"))
{
    using(Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap oOutputMap = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap(
        256, 256, Aurigma.GraphicsMill.PixelFormat.Format24bppRgb))
    {
        bitmap.Draw(oOutputMap, new System.Drawing.RectangleF(0, 0, 256, 256), 
            new System.Drawing.RectangleF(0, 0, 256, 256), 
            Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.CombineMode.Copy, 1, 
            Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.InterpolationMode.Bilinear);
        oOutputMap.Channels.Transparentize(Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Color.FromRgb(255, 255, 255), 0);

oOutputMap.ColorManagement.BuildAdaptivePaletteWithAlpha = true;
        oOutputMap.ColorManagement.PaletteAlphaThresholdUsed = true;
        oOutputMap.ColorManagement.PaletteAlphaThreshold = 255;
        oOutputMap.ColorManagement.ConvertToIndexed(8, Aurigma.GraphicsMill.ColorPaletteType.Adaptive, null);

oOutputMap.Save("c:/1.png");
    }
} 
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!