Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Luis Delgado  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:51:41 PM(UTC)
Luis Delgado

Groups: Member

Hi,

I have a service that spawns multiple process of the same application. Each instance of this application generates a number of images. It seems that when the service spawns the processes there is a racing condition to access the license file and sometimes one of the processes fails with a trial exception (Evaluation time period has expired...). I have also tried registering the license key but it doesn't make a difference. Any help?
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 8:57:01 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

As I understood this problem occures randomly, right? If you use one process only does this exception take place?
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Luis Delgado  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 10:08:51 PM(UTC)
Luis Delgado

Hi,

No. Inititally I only had one process and never got that problem. I had to go with a multi-process approach because of the memory limitations for a single process (2GB) and my solution needs to generate in the order of 200k images per run and has to be really fast (~4500 images per minute). But it seems that the processes are competing to access the license file.
Alex Kon  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 4:39:18 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello Luis,

We tried to reproduce the problem in the following conditions: the first process spawns from 10 to 150 child processes, each of them creates and saves from 1 to 2000 small bitmaps. Our test application uses .lic file and was tested on developer's machines and on our test-server (dual xeon). But, unfortunately, without any success to reproduce the problem.

Could you provide us with a sample which reproduces the problem? If you don't want to give publicity to your code, you can submit case.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:06:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified