Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cybeh  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:19:44 PM(UTC)
cybeh

Groups: Member

Hi,

I would like to merge few CMYK image together by using Multilayer Image Viewer, and I would like the final output to be in CMYK as well.
I wish that the final saving can be done without "converting" the color, as if the color are converted to RGB and back to CMYK, it will be different.

Means I would like the Multilayer Image Viewer just to "merge" those picture together without changing/converting their color profile or so.

Please advice.
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:14:52 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

MultiLayerViewer control does not support CMYK rendering directly. However you can manually transform source CMYK images according to the transformation matrices of the VObjects and merge them together. You can find small sample project, which loads 2 CMYK images and merges them without conversion to RGB colorspace.

Do not hesitate to contact me in case of any additional questions. I will be pleased to help you with this issue.
File Attachment(s):
CmykImageVObject.zip (11kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
cybeh  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:57:43 PM(UTC)
cybeh

Quote:
Alex Kon (10/24/2007)
Hello,

MultiLayerViewer control does not support CMYK rendering directly. However you can manually transform source CMYK images according to the transformation matrices of the VObjects and merge them together. You can find small sample project, which loads 2 CMYK images and merges them without conversion to RGB colorspace.

Do not hesitate to contact me in case of any additional questions. I will be pleased to help you with this issue.

Thanks for the prompt reply

When we click on the save on the sample code, we facing error code of

image.Draw(background, dstX, dstY, Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.CombineMode.Alpha);

And also, I hope this is not too much, as we are VB.NET programmer, is that possible for us to have VB.NET sample? Thanks in advance.
Alex Kon  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:23:01 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups:

Hello,

Could you provide me with more detailed information?
1) What specific error do you get? If it depends on the source files - could you submit case with these files?
2) Which version of the Graphics Mill for .NET do you use?

And yes, of course there will be no problems with VB sample.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:13:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybeh  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:58:25 PM(UTC)
cybeh

Quote:
Alex Kon (10/25/2007)
Hello,

Could you provide me with more detailed information?
1) What specific error do you get? If it depends on the source files - could you submit case with these files?
2) Which version of the Graphics Mill for .NET do you use?

And yes, of course there will be no problems with VB sample.

Hi, I just downloaded the Graphics Mill 2 days ago, so, I think it's the latest version. For question 1, basically I just run the given sample code by using visual studio 2005.
After I add in 2 TIFF file into the design and click on the "save", "A first chance exception of type 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.UnsupportedPixelFormatException' occurred in Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll" shown in the immediate window, and VS 2005 run into compilation error of "The specified pixel format is not supported."

And the line
//Rendering CMYK image (when drawing CMYK bitmap on CMYK bitmap no color conversion required)
image.Draw(background, dstX, dstY, Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.CombineMode.Alpha);

under CMYKImageVObject.Form1, private void DrawCmykImageVObject(Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap background, Aurigma.GraphicsMill.WinControls.ImageVObject imageVObj) is being highlighted.

Please advice. Thanks.

Thanks.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:13:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cybeh  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:00:14 PM(UTC)
cybeh

exceiption detail

Code:
Aurigma.GraphicsMill.UnsupportedPixelFormatException was unhandled
  Message="The specified pixel format is not supported."
  Source="Aurigma.GraphicsMill"
  StackTrace:
       at Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap._Draw(Bitmap destinationBitmap, Single destinationX, Single destinationY, Single destinationWidth, Single destinationHeight, Single sourceX, Single sourceY, Single sourceWidth, Single sourceHeight, CombineMode combine, Single opacity, InterpolationMode interpolationMode)
       at Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap.Draw(Bitmap destinationBitmap, Int32 destinationX, Int32 destinationY, Int32 destinationWidth, Int32 destinationHeight, CombineMode combine, Single opacity, InterpolationMode interpolationMode)
       at Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap.Draw(Bitmap destinationBitmap, Int32 destinationX, Int32 destinationY, CombineMode combine)
       at CmykImageVObject.Form1.DrawCmykImageVObject(Bitmap background, ImageVObject imageVObj) in C:\Downloads\CmykImageVObject\Form1.cs:line 70
       at CmykImageVObject.Form1._saveButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Downloads\CmykImageVObject\Form1.cs:line 114
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
       at CmykImageVObject.Program.Main() in C:\Downloads\CmykImageVObject\Program.cs:line 17
       at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Edited by user Monday, December 17, 2007 9:53:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Kon  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 12:57:18 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups:

Hello,

The only explanation which I have is that you are trying to process extended (16 bits per channel) CMYK image. This sample is not intended to work with such images, but it can be easily updated to support extended pixel formats.

However if it is not the case - please, could you submit case with your test images?

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:14:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified