Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
climaxmedia  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2007 12:19:56 PM(UTC)
climaxmedia

Groups: Member

Hello,

I have sent 2 email requests for help to support with no reply yet.

We were supposed to launch our application that we built with Graphics Mill 4.0 for .net + PSD Add-on but we have come across an issue that has not allowed us to do so.

We have a paragraph block of text that contains ® and ™ symbols that is stored in the database. The French translation equivalent to those symbols are MD and MC. The issue resides in that those 2 symbols don't have Unicode equivalents and show up as MD and MC within the rendered output.

Is there anyway we can specify MD and MC superscript placeholders? Or, is there another solution for this?

I have written some code that allowed me to replace HTML superscript placeholders (MD) to adjust for superscript on a single line of text. However, I can not seem to find a way around doing this in a paragraph because its Y position in the paragraph could be on line 4 or on line 17. (I was doing 3 graphics.drawstring calls; one for the text before the superscript, the superscript (which uses a smaller font size), and the remaining text.)

Any help or direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2007 12:09:43 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello Chris,

It seems that there is some problem with email delivering between us. I have got the only one letter from you and answered you on Friday. I have re-sent it just now, please let me know via private message on this forum if you will not get it.

As for your request - as far as I know there is no built-in facilities for superscript/subscript text rendering in GDI/GDI+. In my letter I suggested the code which emulates superscript for a single line, but, as you said, you implemented it by yourself. If you need to process such symbols in paragraph - you have to break it into separate lines and render each line separately.

climaxmedia  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:33:03 AM(UTC)
climaxmedia

thanks for the code sample Alex!

It pointed me in the right direction to resolve the issue.

Cheers!