Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jdelagarza  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2005 3:10:23 PM(UTC)
Jdelagarza

Groups: Member

I'm not exactly sure how to describe this problem... but, I've loaded a bitmap into the bitmapviewer object, and in a loop and trying to plot points.

If when I Initialize the bitmap object to a new image, I also use the following code:

Code:
Dim g As Graphics = bmvMain.Bitmap.GetGdiplusGraphics
g.DrawLine(Pens.White, 0, 80, 15, 100)
g.DrawLine(Pens.White, 15, 100, 18, 76)

I see two connected lines on my bitmap... however when the same values are drawn from within a loop, I get one or maybe two pixels of the first line, and nothing else after that. In addition, it seems the bitmap class stops responding to subsequent draw commands.

If I simply add the points to an array, and then use:

Code:
g.DrawLines(Pens.White, aryPoints)

I see all the points just fine. Also, substituting g.DrawLine with bmvMain.Bitmap.SetPixel also draws the first 1 or two pixels and then stops responding.

The only thing I can think of that's different from my code in the loop and the initializing code where I draw two subsequent lines is in the loop (where the calls seem to fail) I subsequently call Thread.Sleep before the next iteration of the loop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

While I could use the scenario where I load an array as I go, which I'm currently doing as a work around... I would much rather this work properly since I'm intending to show the points and lines being drawn in real time.

Edited by user Sunday, December 23, 2007 5:08:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jdelagarza  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2005 3:34:01 PM(UTC)
Jdelagarza

Groups: Member

I found out what the problem is.. or rather where the problem was... after this posting, I went in and redid this section of the code replacing the bitmap viewer with the standard picturebox and used the .net bitmap and still noticed the problem... I then when BACK to the aurigma controls and used Gdi instead of GdiPlus and everything worked fine. So I take it this is a problem with GdiPlus?

Are there disadvantages to using Gdi instead of GdiPlus? Is GdiPlus supposed to be better than Gdi?

Dmitry  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:42:30 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

GDI+ has some more advantage regarding to GDI, for example it handles alpha channel in images. But performance in GDI+ is less than in GDI. If your requirements on features are satisfied by GDI, I recommend you to use it.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!