Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vandna  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2007 8:53:08 PM(UTC)
vandna

Groups: Member

Hi,

I have a PSD in which I draw a sample text with shadow. I need to read this text and replace with some other text so that the other text also has the same shadow effect as the original one. Let me know how to acheive it through PSD addon.

Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 4:51:36 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Yes, this is possible with Advanced PSD Add-on. Here is small code sample which demonstrates how to replace one text (or image) with another - View post. As for shadow feature - you can read how to implement this feature in the Drawing Text with Effects article. Feel free to contact us in case of further questions.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:46:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

vandna  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2007 2:42:26 PM(UTC)
vandna

Hi,

I think you have not got me. What I want to do is this.

In Photoshop, I have an image and have applied a shadow effect to that image. Now, I want that this image should be replaced by another image but the shadow effect should remain as is...

WHat do I have to do for this?

Alex Kon  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2007 9:31:59 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Now I really don't understand you :)

You have text with shadow effect, or image? Do you want to replace text, but not to change anything else (including shadow)? Or...? However it is not matter because the idea remains the same. You should use Advanced PSD Add-on to extract all data which you need (text strings, images, layers coordinates) and use it to render result image using Graphics Mill for .NET facilities.

And there are some points which you should take into account.

1) Advanced PSD Add-on doesn't support layer effects. So you should know on which layer shadow effect is applied. You also should know effect parameters, because you cannot read them too.

2) Shadow which is drawn by Graphics Mill for .NET may differ from the Photoshop's one. If it is important for your task, I recommend you to try the sample which I mentioned in previous message and examine the result.