Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IKO  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:17:07 AM(UTC)
IKO

Groups: Member

Hello,

GraphicMill.Bitmap doesn’t read some graphic files.
Dim objBitmap As New GraphicsMill.Bitmap(filepath)

When that happens, I get error message. “Unable to create temporary file.”

I have attached 2 files. One has no problem loading and the other one gets the error. What is the difference?

I tried at two different systems and the result is the same.

This is a little argent and I need your quick response.

Thanks
IKO attached the following image(s):
30070_discface.jpg
40094_discface.jpg
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:58:34 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Most probably that it is something wrong with your temporary files folder. Maybe there is no space on the disk or your application has no access rights to it (I reproduced the same behaviour in my test application by denying access to the %SYSTEMROOT%\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temp folder on my machine).

Temporary files are used to save image color profiles. Another file has no embedded profile, so it was loaded correctly.
IKO  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:57:50 AM(UTC)
IKO

Thank you for your quick response. The issue was solved by following your instruction.

When I first got this error message, I was puzzled because this is a kind of error message you get if your IIS account doesn’t have access to .NET Framework temporary folder. But, both systems I tested had properly settings.

Is there any way to tell GraphicMill to use particular temp folder to load those embedded profiles?
If not, could you consider implementing this kind of settings in codes or web.config for the next version?

We didn’t even realize this issue until a customer called us.

Thanks
Alex Kon  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:38:49 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Hello,

It is very odd... If your application is web application, IIS working account always uses %SYSTEMROOT%\Windows\Temp folder and it should have write permissions on this folder by default. Its a first time when we encounter such problem. Please, could you describe what you did to get this work?
IKO  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2007 2:55:17 AM(UTC)
IKO

Hi Alex,

I think I know what happened.

Those two workstations I tested are accessing graphic files on a file server.
Workstations are on our internal domain and the file server is on the workgroup.
In order to access the file server, we created a user account named IUSR_ASSETS on the file server, give the access to the folder contains the graphic files, and created local accounts, IUSR_ASSETS, on both workstations as well. So, we are not using the default IIS account created by installation of IIS.

On the workstations, we gave IUSR_ASSETS accounts read/write access to the .NET Framework temporary folder and “%SYSTEMROOT%\Windows\Temp” folder.

Everything worked fine until we got this embedded profile graphic files. Then, I posted this question on the forum. When we got your reply, we gave IUSR_ASSETS accounts read/write access to “%Documents and Settings%\(workstation name)\ASPNET\Local Settings\Temp” folder. Then, it worked.

Now you see what happed.

Anyways, thank you very much. We really appreciate your help. We had no clue what was wrong.

IKO
Alex Kon  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:29:20 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Hello,

Great! I'm glad to hear that everything works! :)
Anyway, feel free to contact us.