Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
natebell  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2007 1:35:30 AM(UTC)
natebell

Groups: Member

i keep getting this error sometimes. it doesn't happen always but it so far has no solution

has anyone else seen this?

edit: the app runs fine on my XP development machine, but when I post it to server I get this error, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, our server is win2k3

Code:
Server Error in '/IMAGEEDITOR' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)]
   System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +211
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +141
   System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +25
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +32

[ConfigurationErrorsException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)]
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +596
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +3479049
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +46
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +177
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +180
   System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +347
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +125
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureFirstTimeDirectoryInit(VirtualPath virtualDir) +316
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetBuildResultFromCacheInternal(String cacheKey, Boolean keyFromVPP, VirtualPath virtualPath, Int64 hashCode) +208
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultFromCacheInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath) +40
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +54
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +93
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +111
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +54
   System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +31
   System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +40
   System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +139
   System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +120
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:08:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

natebell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2007 5:01:39 AM(UTC)
natebell

Found solution!

by default VS 2005 does not publish the .lic files when you "Publish Web Site"

add the following to your Web.Config file:
Code:

<configuration>
	<system.web>
		<compilation>
			<buildProviders>
				<remove extension=".lic"/>
				<add extension=".lic" type="System.Web.Compilation.ForceCopyBuildProvider"/>
			</buildProviders>
		</compilation>
	</system.web>
</configuration>

this ensures that .lic files are brought over when you do a publish.

also note that the .lic files are only needed when it tries to compile the app, so if they were missing from the start, you can't add them after its compiled, you'll notice that you can remove them from the bin after a compile, but if the server ever recompiled they would need to be there.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:08:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:49:52 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thanks for the information.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
natebell  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 4:50:59 AM(UTC)
natebell

I'll be glad when the final release of 2.0 is out with documentation
natebell  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2007 12:34:00 AM(UTC)
natebell

ok.... was still having the same error message, even after .lic files came over on a publish of code.

this time it seems to solve it for sure I had to "add" the tracing enabled node in the web.config file, AFTER it was published.

so, first, publish the code WITHOUT the line in web.config
next, after publish is complete, change the web.config file to have the and it works!

my guess is that the project for the Aurigma tools (graphics mill, editor, I don't really know what) must have been a debug build, so the DLLs need the code to run in debug mode, but for some reason, simply adding them doesn't work, it needs to be changed AFTER publishing the code.

I suspect this should not be an issue with a non-debug build of the tool

hope this helps anyone else pulling their hair out as I was.
Andrew  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:25:44 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Perhaps the problem is in Aurigma.PhotoEditor.dll - it sounds it is built with wrong compiler settings. We will check it out, and I fix it in the final version.

I hope it is not a big problem to enable trace for this beta as a temporary workaround. If not, please submit case.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:03:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

natebell  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2007 5:39:32 AM(UTC)
natebell

I am not sure it is working 100% of the time, this problem seems to be sporatic

It would be nice if you could send me a non-debug compile of the aurigma dlls to use
Andrew  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2007 6:14:20 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Also, make sure that the file msvcr71.dll is located in %windows%\system32\ folder. Not sure if it helps in your case, but without this file you will always have "specified module not found" problem.

This file can be found on your Windows XP machine (also in system32).
natebell  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:03:09 PM(UTC)
natebell

was just going to post that same fix, it works for us.

will the release version of this require that dll on the server? it is my understanding that may be a debug dll, and we wouldn't want that on the server
Dmitry  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:56:26 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Hello,

This file will be included into installation package and you will not have to copy it by hand.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

natebell  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:26:11 PM(UTC)
natebell

if this is a debug dll, we wouldn't want it on a production server
Dmitry  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2007 12:37:47 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Hello,

It is not debug library, it is Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov