Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rawdrib  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2007 7:36:31 AM(UTC)
rawdrib

Groups: Member

I am trying to use the GDIGraphics object to combine two JPEG's into one image, and add a border around the images. I want the border to be a hard edge, where the pixel color of the border does not affect the images. Everytime i do this, however, the edges "blend" with the images and depending on the color of the border, it creates an ugly gray line.

Here's the code i'm trying to use:

Code:
   Dim canvas As New Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Drawing.GdiGraphics(bgBmp)

canvas.DrawImage(profileImg, New PointF(picX, picY), Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.CombineMode.Copy, 1)
                canvas.DrawImage(pantsImg, New PointF(pantsX, pantsY), Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.CombineMode.Copy, 1)
                canvas.DrawString(imgStyle.TextValue, New Drawing.Font("Arial", 18, Drawing.FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Pixel), _
                                New SolidBrush(Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml(imgStyle.TextHex)), _
                                New Drawing.Point(DUBorderSize + 20, _
                                combHeight - DUBottomHeight - Math.Ceiling(Convert.ToDouble(DUBorderSize) / 2)))
                canvas.DrawRectangle(New Pen(Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml(imgStyle.BorderColorHex), DUBorderSize), _
                                1, 1, DUWidth - DUBorderSize, profileImg.Height + (DUBorderSize))
                canvas.DrawRectangle(New Pen(Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml(imgStyle.BorderColorHex), DUBorderSize), _
                                1, 1, DUWidth - DUBorderSize, profileImg.Height + (DUBorderSize))

bgBmp.Save(sampleSavePath, New Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.JpegEncoderOptions(100, False))
                bgBmp.Dispose()

Any suggestions on accomplishing this task without losing the hard edges?

Thanks,
Brian

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:09:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2007 6:32:35 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Brian,

Could you try to save result image to TIFF without compression? Most likely this effect will disappear. Unfortunately it is limitation of JPEG format - this format is lossy, so when a JPEG image is decoded - some pixels can be blended.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
rawdrib  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 6:11:40 AM(UTC)
rawdrib

Groups: Member

Unfortunately I'm stuck with JPEG format. Any ideas on how I might at least cut back the amount of this? Would saving the image as TIFF and then saving as JPEG make any difference?

Thanks,
Brian
Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 1:10:53 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Brian,

Could you submit case with your source JPEG images?

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:16:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!