Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fedor  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:21:45 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Quote:
The last date I heard from you was:

"The final version will be available not later then on May 23-24."

When will it be available?

Release candidate will be available on this week - either on Friday or on Saturday. The final version not later then a 1-2 weeks after it.

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Baldy  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2006 6:11:28 AM(UTC)
Baldy

Groups: Member

Quote:
Fedor (7/1/2005)

What other features would you like to see in next version?

I know that question was asked long ago and you're very near shipping 4.0, but I'll weigh in with our initial thoughts after evaluating for a week.

For us the key things are ease of use and reliability. We love the feature set and in fact some features we wouldn't use like the quality bars and a few are nice-to-have like the rotation feature.

But where the rubber really meets the road for us are, (1) will users find it intuitive to use; (2) will it work on their machines without them sending us support email; and (3) will the upload speed satisfy them.

The current Java version has a couple of showstopper bugs for us that onethumb posted in another thread. If 2.0 (Java) and 4.0 (ActiveX) are reliable, we'll be happy campers.

bradmurray  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:31:47 AM(UTC)
bradmurray

I'd like to see some smart resizing of the control. If a window starts out too small the upload pane can be virtually hidden. It would be nice if the control would enforce a minimum size on each visible pane.
Fedor  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:10:57 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Quote:
I know that question was asked long ago and you're very near shipping 4.0, but I'll weigh in with our initial thoughts after evaluating for a week.

View post

Quote:
For us the key things are ease of use and reliability. We love the feature set and in fact some features we wouldn't use like the quality bars and a few are nice-to-have like the rotation feature.

But where the rubber really meets the road for us are, (1) will users find it intuitive to use; (2) will it work on their machines without them sending us support email; and (3) will the upload speed satisfy them.

I agree with you, please test the Release Candidate in the end of week and give us us your feedbacks.

Quote:
The current Java version has a couple of showstopper bugs for us that onethumb posted in another thread. If 2.0 (Java) and 4.0 (ActiveX) are reliable, we'll be happy campers.

Could you be more detailed about showstopper bugs?

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Fedor  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:18:11 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Quote:
I'd like to see some smart resizing of the control. If a window starts out too small the upload pane can be virtually hidden. It would be nice if the control would enforce a minimum size on each visible pane.

I think it is better to handle window.onresize event, and dynamically hide tree or upload pane using TreePaneWidth and FolderPaneHeight properties accordingly.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:16:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Fedor  
#26 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2006 1:52:52 PM(UTC)
Fedor

We have released Image Uploader 4.0 Dual Release Candidate 1. All customers who have signed up for beta testing will receive the email notification with download link not later then on Monday morning. We are on final way now. The final release will be in 1-2 week.

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

bradmurray  
#27 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2006 10:49:08 PM(UTC)
bradmurray

I checked the sign-up page and there are no applications to sign up for. How do I know if I will get access?
Fedor  
#28 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2006 11:39:55 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Quote:
bradmurray (6/4/2006)

I checked the sign-up page and there are no applications to sign up for. How do I know if I will get access?

Please try now. It has disappeared several hours ago only and now I have fixed it.

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Fedor  
#29 Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2006 8:04:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

We have sent the email with download link to all beta testers. We look forward for your feedbacks.
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

bradmurray  
#30 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 2:50:36 AM(UTC)
bradmurray

I am trying to do a simple replace of my existing, functioning code with this. Here is what I did:

Uninstall version 3 from my client

Rename version 4 iuembed.js to ImageUploaderEmbed4.js

Rename version 4 ImageUploader.jar to ImageUploader4.jar

Set my internal <script> block to point to ImageUploaderEmbed4.js

Replace _isWinIE with __browser.isWinIE

The java version seems to work fine and doesn't even give me a trial version warning (it must be working with my license key). The ActiveX version will not respond to any scripting. It seems to instantiate properly with all of my .addParam() calls, but any block that calls getImageUploader() does not get the object back. Even after the following block:

Code:
if (__browser.isWinIE)
	oUploadCtl = new ImageUploaderWriter("UploadCtl", document.body.clientWidth - 30, document.body.clientHeight - 180);
else
	oUploadCtl = new ImageUploaderWriter("UploadCtl", window.innerWidth - 30, window.innerHeight - 180);

oUploadCtl.activeXControlCodeBase = "/ImageUploader4.cab";
oUploadCtl.activeXControlVersion = "4,0,9,0";
oUploadCtl.javaAppletCodeBase = "/";
oUploadCtl.javaAppletCached = true;
oUploadCtl.javaAppletVersion = "2.0.0.0";

If I call alert(oUploadCtl.version()) I get a response in Firefox, but an error in IE because the method is not supported.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:17:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fedor  
#31 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 11:07:02 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Quote:
The java version seems to work fine and doesn't even give me a trial version warning (it must be working with my license key).

I just want to clear for everyone that pre-release version works with license key for version 3.x/Activex and 1.x/Java. Also the pre-release version has 15th June timebomb. The final version will require new license keys.

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Fedor  
#32 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 11:20:49 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Quote:
If I call alert(oUploadCtl.version()) I get a response in Firefox, but an error in IE because the method is not supported.

Could you send us the link or post the entire source code of your page. In fact ImageUploaderWriter doesn't have version() method property. ActiveX version has Version property, but not method, so it should be called without parentheses.

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

bradmurray  
#33 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 11:57:37 AM(UTC)
bradmurray

Quote:
Fedor (6/5/2006)

Quote:
The java version seems to work fine and doesn't even give me a trial version warning (it must be working with my license key).

I just want to clear for everyone that pre-release version works with license key for version 3.x/Activex and 1.x/Java. Also the pre-release version has 15th June timebomb. The final version will require new license keys.

I get the trial warning on the ActiveX version with my 3.x license key.

bradmurray  
#34 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 11:59:04 AM(UTC)
bradmurray

Quote:
Fedor (6/5/2006)

Quote:

Could you send us the link or post the entire source code of your page. In fact ImageUploaderWriter doesn't have version() method property. ActiveX version has Version property, but not method, so it should be called without parentheses.

I also get the error with any of the .get functions or .set methods as well. The initial configuration seems to take, but I can't script anything on the control. I'll dig up the code when I get in tomorrow.

bradmurray  
#35 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 9:30:25 PM(UTC)
bradmurray

Quote:
bradmurray (6/5/2006)

Quote:
Fedor (6/5/2006)

Quote:

I also get the error with any of the .get functions or .set methods as well. The initial configuration seems to take, but I can't script anything on the control. I'll dig up the code when I get in tomorrow.

My code is attached. You just need to have the cab file and the iuembed.js in he same directory. Like I said, the .get methods don't seem to work at all.

File Attachment(s):
UploadComponent.zip (4kb) downloaded 188 time(s).
Fedor  
#36 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 10:20:32 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Brad,

Image Uploader for ActiveX doesn't have set/get methods actually. Instead of them it has true properties. So actually you can use:

Code:
getImageUploader("UploadCtl").FolderPaneHeight = getImageUploader("UploadCtl").height / 2.2;

instead of:

Code:
getImageUploader("UploadCtl").setFolderPaneHeight(getImageUploader("UploadCtl").height / 2.2);

However in Java there is no support of properties, so we have to use set/get methods. In order to unify the API of ActiveX and Java versions we expand in runtime the ActiveX object with set/get methods. In iuembed.js you can find the following code for it:

Code:
//Create set/get expando methods for ActiveX
function _createExpandoMethods(id){
	var o=document.getElementById(id);
	var props=new Array();
	for (propName in o){
		var c=propName.charAt(0);
		if (c==c.toUpperCase()){
			props.push(propName);
		}
	}
	for (i=0;i<props.length;i++){
		//Check whether property is indexed
		if (typeof(o[props[i]])=="unknown"){
			eval("o.set"+props[i]+"=function(i,v){this."+props[i]+"(i)=v;};");
			eval("o.get"+props[i]+"=function(i){return this."+props[i]+"(i);};");
		}
		else{				
			eval("o.set"+props[i]+"=function(v){this."+props[i]+"=v};");
			eval("o.get"+props[i]+"=function(){return this."+props[i]+"};");
		}
	}	
}

This function is called on fullPageLoad event, and only after it you can access to Image Uploader via set/get methods. We have implemented it such way as only after fullPageLoad event you can be sure that ActiveX control, Java applet, and all elements on page are loaded. For example, when you use Java version, the window.onload event fires before the applet loading, and getImageUploader("") function call at that time will return the reference to the uninitialized instance.

In you code the AID_OnChange event handler is called before fullPageLoad event fire, so get/set methods are unavailable in it.

To fix it I have added uploadCtl variable, which refers to intialized Image Uploader instance (not to ImageUploaderWriter one as oUploadCtl).

Then I have added fullPageLoad event handler:

Code:
function UploadCtl_fullPageLoad(){	
		uploadCtl=getImageUploader("UploadCtl");
		//alert(uploadCtl);
	}

//........................

oUploadCtl.fullPageLoadListenerName = "UploadCtl_fullPageLoad";
oUploadCtl.writeHtml();

And add checking whether contorl is initialized in AID_OnChange function:

Code:
	function AID_OnChange(cbo) {
		if (uploadCtl){
			//getImageUploader("UploadCtl").RedirectUrl = "http://test.localhost.com/ViewAlbum.asp?AID=" + cbo.options[cbo.selectedIndex].value;
			getImageUploader("UploadCtl").setRedirectUrl("http://test.localhost.com/ViewAlbum.asp?AID=" + cbo.options[cbo.selectedIndex].value);
			sRedirectURL = "http://test.localhost.com/ViewAlbum.asp?AID=" + cbo.options[cbo.selectedIndex].value;
		}
	}

The same changes was done in Body_OnResize function.

See the attachement for entire code and please let me know whther you have any questions or problems.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:18:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
UploadComponent.zip (5kb) downloaded 210 time(s).
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

bradmurray  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 3:27:08 AM(UTC)
bradmurray

I tried adding the oUploadCtl.fullPageLoadListenerName = "UploadCtl_fullPageLoad";

I even put an alert in the UploadCtl_fullPageLoad() function, but it never fires.

Fedor  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 5:24:03 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Haave you tried the code I have attached?
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

bradmurray  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 5:32:49 AM(UTC)
bradmurray

Quote:
Fedor (6/6/2006)

Haave you tried the code I have attached?

The code you attached gave me the same errors. It doesn't look like it could possibly work anyway since the object you assign in UploadCtl_fullPageLoad() is uploadCtl and not oUploadCtl which is the name used by the rest of the page.

Fedor  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 8:30:13 AM(UTC)
Fedor

In your file I have found the following code:

Code:
if (_isWinIE)
   oUploadCtl = new ImageUploaderWriter("UploadCtl", document.body.clientWidth - 30, document.body.clientHeight - 180);
else
   oUploadCtl = new ImageUploaderWriter("UploadCtl", window.innerWidth - 30, window.innerHeight - 180);

I need to clear that ImageUploaderWriter is not Image Uploader object/applet. It is just Image Uploader HTML writer, and further you need to get control/applet instance using getImageUploader function. So you can call addParam method of ImageUploaderWriter only, but can not call its set/get methods. That's why I have used oUploadCtl variable for ImageUploaderWriter instance, and uploadCtl for Image Uploader one.

What error do you received with my sample?

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:18:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov