Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jirka_petka  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2006 8:46:56 PM(UTC)
jirka_petka

Groups: Member

Hi i would to ask what is the right way how can i convert CMYK2RGB with correct colors. I know that my original CMYK Jpeg is U.S. WebUncoated color profile (Photoshop information). Can i get this information from file ? I have in my project folders with ICC profiles but i dont know how i can choose right one.
For example i do manualy this :
Code:
bitmap.Load(@"C:\devel\Mill-Test\Test\coverfriedaCMYK.jpg");
bitmap.ColorProfile = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.ColorProfile(@"C:\devel\Mill-Test\Test\CMYK Profiles\USWebUncoated.icc");
bitmap.ColorManagement.RgbColorProfile = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.ColorProfile(@"C:\devel\Mill-Test\Test\RGB Profiles\sRGB Color Space Profile.icm");

//Convert to RGB
bitmap.ColorManagement.ConvertToContinuous(Aurigma.GraphicsMill.ColorSpace.Rgb, false, bitmap.IsExtended);
bitmap.Save(@"C:\devel\Mill-Test\Test\output_rgb.jpg");

It work perfect ... but i need to check color profile from original dynamicaly.

Sorry for my bad english i am from Czech repulic :)
Thx for help JP

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:07:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2006 10:04:49 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi Jirka,

As far as I understand, you want to use embedded color profile (which Photoshop saves along with image). If yes, there is no problem. The ColorProfile property is automatically initialized with this profile if you load such file.

If you want to verify whether some profile is embedded, just check whether ColorProfile property contain any data. If it contains nothing, you can assign some fallback profile.

Hope this helps.
jirka_petka  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:17:55 AM(UTC)
jirka_petka

Groups: Member

Hi Andrew,
i try to check color profile in debug of bitmap object where i load this jpeg but there is i am sure that my image have embedd color profile inside. If i try to get ColorProfile.FileName from this image for example, debug report this error :
Quote:
Code:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in WindowsApplication1.exe
Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Main() in c:\devel\mill-test\form1.cs:line 87

Could you help with some idea what can be wrong?

Thanks JP
Andrew  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:01:51 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
If ColorProfile is null, it means that Graphics Mill did not read the profile from the file.

If you are sure that JPEG file you try to open contains the color profile (e.g. when you load it in Photoshop, you can see it), please submit case цшер this JPEG file.

Edited by user Friday, May 23, 2008 3:36:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified