Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris Herrington  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:06:04 AM(UTC)
Chris Herrington

Groups: Member

I sent you guys a few emails mentioning this just wanted to make sure you got them. The rotate method does not work unless you have the BitmapStateEnabled = true. I need the rotate method to work without saving and bitmap state. I need to make sure that my viewer doesn't save the session state, my users need to view and adjust the image as many times as they like. Then when the back button is pressed it takes them to the previous form. The other item is the tiff tags. I really need this support it is very important to me billions of my images are upside down without them.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 3:49:21 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello Chris,

Quote:
Chris Herrington (9/11/2005)
I sent you guys a few emails mentioning this just wanted to make sure you got them.

We have got your emails and already discussed the best solution for you. Let me answer you here.

Quote:
Chris Herrington (9/11/2005)
The rotate method does not work unless you have the BitmapStateEnabled = true. I need the rotate method to work without saving and bitmap state. I need to make sure that my viewer doesn't save the session state, my users need to view and adjust the image as many times as they like. Then when the back button is pressed it takes them to the previous form. The other item is the tiff tags. I really need this support it is very important to me billions of my images are upside down without them.

I think you should store the list of effects applied on image. For example initially you will have:

Code:
Rotate = 0
Brightness = 0
Contrast = 0

After rotating on 90 degrees you will have:

Code:
Rotate = 90
Brightness = 0
Contrast = 0

After increasing brightness:

Code:
Rotate = 90
Brightness = 3
Contrast = 0

And after rotating on 90 degress more:

Code:
Rotate = 180
Brightness = 3
Contrast = 0

And so on...

On page postback or remote scripting method call you should apply each effect from list on original image. Using this approach the original image will be untouched and you will not have quality loss. To speed up the process you can apply effects on small image preview during image editing.

We have use the same approach in our Aurigma Online Photo Editor software.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
Chris Herrington  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:46:10 PM(UTC)
Chris Herrington

Groups: Member

Hello again,

I only need to be concerned with rotating the image that is the only function I really need to work with the bitmapstate set to false. So from what I have gathered is that I will have to keep track of the position myself. That will be a challenge considering ASP.NET is a stateless programming language. Did I mention that I have been unable to get the rotate to work at all unless the bitmapstate is set to true? Do you have any suggestions on how I can keep track of each image and where angle the image located? The big item is tiff tags! If I can't do something about that it won't matter if I can rotate an image. Thanks for your help so far.

Thanks again

Chris