Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ejanson  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2005 12:16:16 AM(UTC)
ejanson

Groups: Member

I'm new(ish) to asp.net and new to javascript, but I gather I need to use javascript to run on the client so as to allow printing.

I need to be able to print the contents of the BitmapViewer (whatever it's zoomed/panned to).

Furthermore, I need to add a watermark (just some text really..."uncontrolled when printed" or something) to the image before printing.

I'll be using Graphics mill to view remote .TIFFs (blueprints) and then allow the users to print off a local copy.

I suppose there's a lot of little bits to this problem, but I would appreciate any help.

Cheers in advance!
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2005 9:03:10 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Quote:
ejanson (9/2/2005)
I'm new(ish) to asp.net and new to javascript, but I gather I need to use javascript to run on the client so as to allow printing.

I need to be able to print the contents of the BitmapViewer (whatever it's zoomed/panned to).

What do you think about saving to PDF and streaming result to browser? In this case user could print PDF file.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:24:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
ejanson  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2005 9:28:47 PM(UTC)
ejanson

Groups: Member

Is it possible to use Graphics Mill to watermark the PDF with a semi-transparent watermark before streaming?

Cheers...

Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2005 2:03:38 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Of course, you can prepare watermark image beforehand and draw this image with transparency on the destination image which is saved to PDF format. For more information read about overlaying images here http://www.aurigma.com/docs/gm/OverlayingImages.htm.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:50:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!