Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jens simonsen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:47:22 AM(UTC)
jens simonsen

Groups: Member

HI. I have question regarding clipping paths. Im currently running through tifs and jpgs and i got the clipping path resource inhand how ever i cant seam to find a way to check wether the clipping path is active.

can any direkt me to a example where this is achieved?.

thanks.
jens simonsen
PicoPublish
Eugene Kosmin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:05:19 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi Jens,

Could you explain what does it mean "active path"? Work path?
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team
jens simonsen  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:38:23 PM(UTC)
jens simonsen

Hi Ugene.

Thanks for the reply.

What i am after is a way to check a image clipping path and check if that clipping path in the image is active and as we have found out it seams in some images the clipping path is there but disabled im ofc talking about tif,jpg in this matter and we need to find those that have the disabled clipping paths in them and some how if possible enable the clipping path in them again and then save it back.

or do we need to get hold of the psd or esp files for images ? to check for that as i presume that have more metadata about it.? like layer information and such ?.

hope this share more light on what im trying to do.

thanks
jens
jens simonsen  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 12:16:44 AM(UTC)
jens simonsen

HI Ugene.

after little more resaerch this question may be answere by it self since it is jpg and tif files im looking in and clipping paths in those formats the clipping path is always active as there is no state in them that will incate active state as it do not exist.

it will only be in psd or esp. so my new question will be will i be able to check the layers and paths in psd and esp if they are ticked to be visible so when i use the files to save it to a jpg and tif the clipping path gets saved with the format ?.

regards
jens
Eugene Kosmin  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:33:49 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi Jens,

I still don't see any states or checkbox to enable or disable clipping paths in my Photoshop. Maybe some screenshots would be nice.

Now GM handles all clipping paths with absolutely the same code regardless of format. So if you are sure you need some PSD-only specific thing, I bet it is not supported.
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team
thanks 1 user thanked Eugene Kosmin for this useful post.
jens simonsen on 10/10/2018(UTC)
jens simonsen  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:45:07 PM(UTC)
jens simonsen

Hi Eugene.

i have found some more info.

and you dont need to look at it any more. This simple cant be done do to the fact the images lik tiff and jpg do not carry any attribute that tells you if it is active it simple do not exist.

for your info if any ask this question it can not be done through you framework. the only place this can be done is through software like photoshop, indesign and so on as it software specific handling.

the only thing GM9 can do is look into the PSD files and look at the layers in it wheter the layer has a clipping path mask or vector layer attach and so on.

but according to the documentation that support is not implemented yet if im correct.

so this case is close as there is no solution. But thanks for helping out and replying.