Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
service-it-01  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 5:31:19 AM(UTC)
service-it-01

Groups: Member

Hello,

I'm currently writing a program to detect the color profile of all images in our system.
Actually I use ColorProfile.Description and what's explain in this FAQ HOWTO-Handle-Adobe-RGB-Files-whithout-Embedded-Profile

Is there something else I could use ? As I still have some pictures without profile information and I need to convert everything to sRgb. But to do that, I need to know my starting profile... :)

Thank you, David
Eugene Kosmin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 4:32:48 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi David,

I believe that's all you can do. GraphicsMill can detect standard sRGB and AdobeRGB profiles by metadata information. Maybe not for all cases, we don't have the check described in the FAQ article.

Some images don't have a color profile at all. It's hard to say about the reasons, maybe some bug in some software, or an attempt to make images smaller. In practice, people take some default color profile for each color space and use it for such images.
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team
service-it-01  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:25:40 PM(UTC)
service-it-01

Groups: Member

Originally Posted by: Eugene Kosmin Go to Quoted Post
Hi David,

I believe that's all you can do. GraphicsMill can detect standard sRGB and AdobeRGB profiles by metadata information. Maybe not for all cases, we don't have the check described in the FAQ article.

Some images don't have a color profile at all. It's hard to say about the reasons, maybe some bug in some software, or an attempt to make images smaller. In practice, people take some default color profile for each color space and use it for such images.

Hello Eugene, I was "afraid" of this answer d'oh! Thank you, I will live with it so! Dancing